News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

General Projects Screenshots/Vids Thread

Started by Zhs2, May 15, 2009, 10:44:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Damski

Quote from: Black Falcon on March 10, 2012, 02:57:50 PM
Damski:
I really love the new MP style Samus and the amount of details.
Looks much smoother now.

Oh and I got something, too :grin::

[spoiler]
water fx

Quote from: Youtube descriptionTesting a new way of giving the water surface more depth.
Note that this is only a test, ie I didn't put any effort into level design and such.
I wrote some code that attaches layer 2 to the layer 3 level height.
What kinda bugs me is that I had to use 'wacky transparencies' in order to make layer 3 hide layer 2 and sprites. Still need to figure out how to stop layer 3 from being translucent...
Also tried to make some sort of water lighting at the ceiling.[/spoiler]

Holy shitt!!!!!!!!!! That looks fucking awesome1!! wow!

xD Here is  Little bit of Color scheme..

JAM

It's been a long time since I last posted here. So here you go:

Run like hell
Save as *.avi. XVid codec is required.

Quietus

I must be missing something in your video, JAM... :O_o:

Zhs2

Oh god, speedbooster that keeps accelerating faster and faster? Is there a chance of a video of this in action in a longer hallway?

snarfblam

Quote from: Zhs2 on March 11, 2012, 07:17:38 PM
Oh god, speedbooster that keeps accelerating faster and faster? Is there a chance of a video of this in action in a longer hallway?
Is that what was happening? The screen can only scroll so fast, and I was under the impression that speed booster was already close to that limit.

JAM

Oh god, speedbooster that keeps accelerating faster and faster?
Yeah, indeed =) But actually, it have the limit. Samus is reaching max speed in the end of 7th screen and stops accelerating after that. I had to do it. If move a little bit faster, she'll dig into the ground. I think, I've reached the engine limit which is about C.4000 (pixels/frame). Digging can be compensated by placing 3 (!) rows of square blocks to the floor to push Samus up, but she will just warp through the bridge made of 1 row of blocks. So, the floor under Samus in places when she run that fast should be at least 3 blocks in height or 4 blocks (3 pushing slope lines on solid line) if there are an empty space under that floor.

Is there a chance of a video of this in action in a longer hallway?
Yeah, I will make one in bigger room with no speed limit and one that show the "digging" effect.

Well, the good news is that max speed without glitching is enough to pass bridge made of 3*1 crumble blocks.

snarfblam

Is this what you wanted? Is this what you had in mind? Cause this is what you're getting.

Charmander106

[spoiler] [/spoiler]

Quietus

It looks good, but very out of place against Samus.  It makes Samus look cartoony. :^_^:

Quote58

Damn  :whoa:
*discards all custom gfx and gives up on hacking.

Charmander106

Update to my GFX! Now with ground(WIP) and clouds:

[spoiler] [/spoiler]

DSO

Background and tree looks more like DKC than metroid, very cool though.

Damski

Zeta metroid boss wip for my hack. Now im working with head.

Smiley

Whoa, man! You're creating evolved Metroids for Super Metroid?! Awesome!

Oh, and I'm making this cute little game about cute little bunnies who are constantly trying to violently murder each other while trying to avoid natural hazards (yeah, I'm serious):
[spoiler][/spoiler]
Yes, it's a black hole over there. And yes, those are Tetris blocks (but they don't move). And yes, the red/brown asteroid can tear you to pieces.
[spoiler][/spoiler]
Trampolines automatically throw you up in the air. You can stand on the clouds, but they disappear after a while, then reappear. You can also see two different power-ups. What's that flesh stuff? They're what's left of one of the bunnies.
The blue walls are visible because I forgot to make them invisible for the screenshot... :<_<:

Edit: 1,240th reply on the thread AND my 240th post at the same time. AWESOME!!! :cheers:

Damski

Quote from: SMILEuser96 on March 24, 2012, 04:47:38 PM
Whoa, man! You're creating evolved Metroids for Super Metroid?! Awesome!

Oh, and I'm making this cute little game about cute little bunnies who are constantly trying to violently murder each other while trying to avoid natural hazards (yeah, I'm serious):
[spoiler][/spoiler]
Yes, it's a black hole over there. And yes, those are Tetris blocks (but they don't move). And yes, the red/brown asteroid can tear you to pieces.
[spoiler][/spoiler]
Trampolines automatically throw you up in the air. You can stand on the clouds, but they disappear after a while, then reappear. You can also see two different power-ups. What's that flesh stuff? They're what's left of one of the bunnies.
The blue walls are visible because I forgot to make them invisible for the screenshot... :<_<:

Edit: 1,240th reply on the thread AND my 240th post at the same time. AWESOME!!! :cheers:

Kiitos! Toi näyttää aika hienolta!

Some update:

passarbye

it's actually starting to look good.
good luck.

Damski

Quote from: passarbye on March 25, 2012, 02:09:25 PM
it's actually starting to look good.
good luck.

Thank you bro! Here is latest update:

Blarget2

I hope you kept the arms and legs on separate layers. Its looking really good ^.^

Quote58

That looks amazing Damski :grin:
How are you going to implement this into super? Are you making an entirely new enemy?
In any case, this is looking superb. Keep up the good work!

Damski

Quote from: Shadow96 on March 27, 2012, 07:18:13 PM
How are you going to implement this into super? Are you making an entirely new enemy?

Thank you. I dont make new entirely enemy. I am gonna mix up some enemy Ai  then im gonna make more tilemaps for enemy that i want. Crashtour99 taught me a lot about how to make more Tilemaps for enemy so Kudos for him.

passarbye

Quote from: Damski on March 28, 2012, 08:12:24 AM
Quote from: Shadow96 on March 27, 2012, 07:18:13 PM

Thank you. I dont make new entirely enemy. I am gonna mix up some enemy Ai  then im gonna make more tilemaps for enemy that i want. Crashtour99 taught me a lot about how to make more Tilemaps for enemy so Kudos for him.
i can see the zeta using some of torizo's ai (where he tries to claw you to death) and then some of crocomire's (where he shoots those fireballs).

that would actually be a perfect combonation.