News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

General Projects Screenshots/Vids Thread

Started by Zhs2, May 15, 2009, 10:44:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JAM

Quote from: Malpercio on February 09, 2012, 06:29:50 PM
I would use this SMILE.
Me too. I really with to be able to change the bank of every pointer type and make SMILE read from that bank (if certain changes were done to the ROM, of course, to make the game actully read from that bank)

Mon732

*whistles*
This is even better than the last pic you showed!

Quietus

* Quietus pretends to know what he's looking at.

snarfblam

I was trying to write some music of my own for my hack. It ended up sounding more like Rygar than Metroid :/

www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZkNv4TIjV5A

Scyzer

That is awesome.
* Scyzer steals music to put into SM

snarfblam

If you like it feel free to use it. I'm not planning on using it in my hack.

snarfblam

MetroidMst

Qactis

passarbye

nice work snarfblam.
everything looks amazing.

are you gonna make a (full)hack with this?

snarfblam

This is mostly a graphic hack. This is supposed to be a back-burner project until I finish my other hack.

I'm working on a new version of Editroid, and I'm working on this hack to test the editor. The idea is that if there is some kind of catastrophic problem, it'll ruin the hack I care less about (though I just accidentally overwrote this hack and lost hours of work, and I'm still pretty pissed).

Damski

New monster for my hack. They are from metroid 2 and they are not done yet.

Damski

:grin: :grin: First two legs are done!! Whuu!!! Im so happy!

Some progress!

U-Mos

Damski!!! How did you do that? The sprite editing???

begrimed

Holy hell, Damski. That Samus edit is boss. I might have to beg you for permission to use that when you finish it someday.

FullOfFail

I'll just put this here, but you might've already seen it if you were in the chat earlier:
[spoiler]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pTID5SWO6fY[/spoiler]

Oh btw, I plan to give full credit for the patches I used, ect. It's going to be in a word file with the hack when it gets released. Just wanted to note that.

Damski

Quote from: U-Mos on March 08, 2012, 07:23:09 PM
Damski!!! How did you do that? The sprite editing???

I did it with tilelayer pro you can download from there  http://www.metroidconstruction.com/tools.php?x=top But Samus sprites are hardest one editing because It's had very much tiles and they are messed up.

Quote from: Grime on March 08, 2012, 07:36:41 PM
Holy hell, Damski. That Samus edit is boss. I might have to beg you for permission to use that when you finish it someday.

I'm trying to get it ready in the summer because i had 2 months free time... Im going to do now the hardest part.. Running animation. It has like a 10 frames and i must draw and add  them again and find all part from Tile layer pro...I dont give a crap.. I'm gonna do it..

A_red_monk_called_Key

Damski we just got done editing the samus sprites. and its not as complex as it looks. what helps the best is to use a large blank GFX file, then just move the tiles to the GFX file. the order is a little messed up but all the tiles for each part of samus are together, and have doubles of tiles. like 45% or more of the tiles are doubles so you can just copy your work from above.

if anybody know were to find samus' animation data i'll take the time to make that 45% to 0. and i'll reorder the tiles to be edited easier.

Damski

Quote from: A_red_monk_called_Key on March 09, 2012, 07:02:00 AM
Damski we just got done editing the samus sprites. and its not as complex as it looks. what helps the best is to use a large blank GFX file, then just move the tiles to the GFX file. the order is a little messed up but all the tiles for each part of samus are together, and have doubles of tiles. like 45% or more of the tiles are doubles so you can just copy your work from above.

if anybody know were to find samus' animation data i'll take the time to make that 45% to 0. and i'll reorder the tiles to be edited easier.

So i made large blank GFX file in tlp then i move Samus sprites to that large space?  Did i got it wrong?

A_red_monk_called_Key

like this. it helps to keep all the GFX in order, that way you know were to fine them if you have a glitch

Damski

Quote from: A_red_monk_called_Key on March 09, 2012, 11:37:01 AM

like this. it helps to keep all the GFX in order, that way you know were to fine them if you have a glitch

How you did make new blank GFX File?

Black Falcon

Damn impressive spritework you've got there!
Keep it going!

Damski

Quote from: Black Falcon on March 09, 2012, 01:38:22 PM
Damn impressive spritework you've got there!
Keep it going!

Thank you!

If any are interested, here is some of Running animation sprites which I work now..

Black Falcon

Damski:
I really love the new MP style Samus and the amount of details.
Looks much smoother now.

Oh and I got something, too :grin::

[spoiler]
water fx

Quote from: Youtube descriptionTesting a new way of giving the water surface more depth.
Note that this is only a test, ie I didn't put any effort into level design and such.
I wrote some code that attaches layer 2 to the layer 3 level height.
What kinda bugs me is that I had to use 'wacky transparencies' in order to make layer 3 hide layer 2 and sprites. Still need to figure out how to stop layer 3 from being translucent...
Also tried to make some sort of water lighting at the ceiling.[/spoiler]