News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

General Projects Screenshots/Vids Thread

Started by Zhs2, May 15, 2009, 10:44:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Qactis

Quote from: JamieWebb16 on August 23, 2011, 05:42:15 PM
I'm working my butt off to make the 3/4 tilesets 20% cooler then it was before

JamieWebb16

Quote from: Qactis on August 24, 2011, 04:12:33 AM20% cooler then it was before
Where have I heard this joke before? :lol:

EDIT: Here's more progress on the set:

A_red_monk_called_Key

this is the first and last time i use this method to make GFX

JamieWebb16

CRE rebuild:

#1. E Tank:
[spoiler][/spoiler]

#2. Missiles:
[spoiler][/spoiler]

#3. Save Station:
[spoiler][/spoiler]
[spoiler][/spoiler]

And Lastly...

#4. Door+Bubble:
[spoiler][/spoiler]

What do you all think?

silverpaw84

[snip]

Quietus

The energy tank is great.
The missiles look good, but it looks a little odd that they have different shaped glass bits.
Not sure about the save stations.  Nothing I really hate, but I'm not a fan for reasons I can't pinpoint.
Doors look OK, but from the look of them, they'll fit fine in a tech environment, but would stand out like a sore thumb in caves or something.  It also seems like the grey part within the door bubble should poke out slightly more than the bubble itself...

A_red_monk_called_Key

just finished phazon's save point

[spoiler][/spoiler]

thanks to JAM's PLM doc

Scyzer

silverpaw84

Mechanical Metroids
[spoiler]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZE8TtM967E
Impervious to all weapons (especially ice beam) except for grapple. I'm still working on new gfx for them so they seem more "pirate"made, gotta settle for a shoddy palette change for now. The [enemy killed] grapple AI gives them a nice "overloaded" effect, but I'd still like to be able to drain their health for 2-4 seconds beforehand[/spoiler]
Thoughts?

silverpaw84

Sorry for the double post. Got some screens for a dark mini hack, due out on Halloween, might be done with it by the end of the month
[spoiler][/spoiler][spoiler][/spoiler][spoiler][/spoiler][spoiler][/spoiler][spoiler][/spoiler][spoiler][/spoiler][spoiler][/spoiler]
I had changed the palette of the PB door to blue for the HUD, I can see that it's better to put it back to yellow for things like the grapple points and the "camera"

-EDIT-

[spoiler=Stuck on the elevator]Stupid ninja pirates...[/spoiler]

JAM

A little spoiler to the stuff I'm working in =)

A_red_monk_called_Key

Phazon 0.3 intro & some gameplay preview

[spoiler]Super Metroid Phazon Hack 0.3 intro.avi[/spoiler]

the vids a little choppy, some of the title animations are at 02 00, and the vid skips those images

DSO

Best gfx I've ever seen... I might even play it on console!

A_red_monk_called_Key

thank you DSO.

its almost done i just have kraid, twin torizo, 3 enemys, the death animation, 3 or 4 glitches, two new events, and like 15-18 new rooms, then the final testing. and it should be done.

snarfblam

I see your XNA program, and raise you an XNA tetris clone that I never quite finished. Now that they've effectively added XNA into silverlight, I almost want to port it to a browser-friendly version.

The New Tetris Clone In XNA

So... is that the beginning of a game you've got there? Or are you just toying around with XNA?

Zero One

Quote from: snarfblam on October 19, 2011, 11:25:04 AMSo... is that the beginning of a game you've got there? Or are you just toying around with XNA?

Both, kinda. It's the MSDN tutorial for XNA, which I followed along with, except now I'm doing it without referencing the final source unless absolutely necessary (which is twice, and it didn't help either time) and hopefully making it better. I plan on having multiple game modes available with a functioning menu (should be simple, with enums), game overs and possibly high-score saving and loading.

Anyway, fixed the "oh god what" thing, so ships now spawn at a more logical rate and they also animate too :D

And damnit, finish that clone!

A_red_monk_called_Key

that looks badass! nice graphics FullOfFail i'm digin the desert look.

FullOfFail

I can't really take credit for it, it's ripped from Megaman X2. Overdrive Ostrich. I'm thinking about having all my tilesets from Megaman X1-X3. You won't really be able to sit back and look at the graphics ingame though, you'll be too busy dying. There's going to be the destruction timer that starts as soon as the game starts.

JamieWebb16

Those graphics are nice anyways, I always knew Mega Mans GFX was perfect for Super Metroid, keep up the good work FoF and can't wait for your mini hack! I am strongly going to play it. :^_^:

FullOfFail

The graphics aren't as good on this one, but it's still, I enjoy making/watching timelapse videos so here:
Note: The tileset is unfinished, but the recording was just getting a bit long.

Importing Megaman GFX into Super Metroid Timelapse

Quietus

I think it would have been nicer to resume normal speed at the end, to provide an example of what you achieved.

FullOfFail

The tileset wasn't finished, it'd be hard to really show it off. Plus, don't want to give too much out, I want atleast some surprises when the hack gets released.