News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

A honest thanks.

Started by xKonvicted, September 07, 2011, 11:14:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xKonvicted

So, I'd just like to say whats been on my mind after I play through a Super Metroid hack, and that is thank you , thank you for keeping by far my favorite video game of all time going. This thank you is for anyone who has put out a hack, a work of their own to keep Super Metroid one of the most remade, revamped, remodded games of all time. I doubt I'll ever have the time myself to join your ranks, to make one of my own, so until then, I just want it to be known that I truly am grateful for those who keep at making Super Metroid bigger and better, so it never gets old.

In conclusion....THANK YOU!

[spoiler]PS. Forgive me if this didn't belong in this section, just speakin ma mind  :^_^:[/spoiler]

MATHGODpi

I echo your sentiments. The hacks on this site have provided me with countless hours of gaming goodness that I am grateful for. When it comes to gaming, nothing beats the classics!

Borderjumper67

Even tho I've been a member of this forum for a little over a year and a half, I feel horrible that I've yet to release just a single bit of content. :sad:

[spoiler]But I plan on making it up to you guys ;)[/spoiler]

DSO

I've yet to release a hack in 2 years... did I really make AFC that long ago? Really shows how as the knowledge base expands, the longer it takes to get anywhere. The best is yet to come but it's not coming swiftly. (or is it? >_>)

SpaceJump

Also thanks from me to all hack creators! You do what Nintendon't :lol:

KP9000

I just registered to say that I appreciate seeing threads like this. It's a great motivation for hack and editor authors to see that the community recognizes their work. I don't play too many hacks, but I thank the authors of the ones that I do play, and I also have Jathys to thank for the editor that made most of it possible.

Zhs2

I am of the opposite opinion - generally if hack authors deserve praise, they'll earn it in their hack topics. Not that I am opposed to this thread, but I'll quickly become opposed if there are quite a few of them.
Don't let my bitchy administrating get in the way of my feelings, though. Our Super Metroid hackers are great, and hopefully they will only serve to become greater and greater. Love you guys :wub:

MATHGODpi

Quote from: Zhs2 on September 20, 2011, 04:21:14 PM
I am of the opposite opinion - generally if hack authors deserve praise, they'll earn it in their hack topics. Not that I am opposed to this thread, but I'll quickly become opposed if there are quite a few of them.
Don't let my bitchy administrating get in the way of my feelings, though. Our Super Metroid hackers are great, and hopefully they will only serve to become greater and greater. Love you guys :wub:
Don't forget though - even if a hack is crappy, the fact remains that someone took their own time and energy to make it, with no expectation of anything in return. That in itself deserves thanks.

If the goal is to shoo off everyone except for the best hackers/developers... there won't be many gamers around here for long.

Zhs2

The goal is to not fill the board with threads like these. One is fine enough :razz:

Katelyn

Quote from: MATHGODpi on September 20, 2011, 09:35:38 PM
Don't forget though - even if a hack is crappy, the fact remains that someone took their own time and energy to make it, with no expectation of anything in return. That in itself deserves thanks.

I will now make a shitty hack in a day. You have inspired me to do bad things!

FullOfFail

Quote from: Borderjumper67 on September 20, 2011, 02:32:04 AM
Even tho I've been a member of this forum for a little over a year and a half, I feel horrible that I've yet to release just a single bit of content. :sad:

Don't feel bad, that's more than half the people on this site (myself included). Whether it's due to being busy, lazy, scatterbrained (starting one hack after another and never finishing it) or just being a perfectionist to the point you're never satisfied, the majority of us releases very little. But eh, we're not on a deadline or getting paid, so it doesn't matter.

personitis

Quote from: FullOfFail on September 21, 2011, 02:20:30 PMDon't feel bad, that's more than half the people on this site (myself included). Whether it's due to being busy, lazy, scatterbrained (starting one hack after another and never finishing it) or just being a perfectionist to the point you're never satisfied, the majority of us releases very little. But eh, we're not on a deadline or getting paid, so it doesn't matter.
Aside from the quote in my sig, this is one of few posts I 100% agree with. I've never released anything big around here, I'm sure if someone searched enough, you could find my crappy stuff. ^-^ Just goes to show we all have to start somewhere and that a lot of work really is poured into the "A-list" hacks around here.

MATHGODpi

Quote from: Valiant Breeze on September 20, 2011, 09:43:13 PM
Link?  :wink:

Katelyn

Quote from: MATHGODpi on September 21, 2011, 10:22:30 PM
Quote from: Valiant Breeze on September 20, 2011, 09:43:13 PM
Link?  :wink:

[spoiler][/spoiler]