News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Zelda Skyward Sword, anyone?

Started by Charmander106, September 12, 2011, 03:56:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charmander106

Is anyone else excited as much as I am for this new gem? I just pre-ordered the Skyward Sword bundle and can't wait for release!
Any thoughts on the upcoming Zelda?

personitis

From what I've seen, which was just stuff released a while ago, I can't say it'll be my fancy. Then again, people say the same about WW and I actually liked that... Guess I'll have to check it out before I go deciding if I'm gonna pick it up or not.

JamieWebb16

I for one am so SIKED! I can't wait to play skyward sword, with the cool new golden wii remote! :3 Since I am a big zelda fan and all that stuff.

Quietus

I've enjoyed most of the other Zelda games, so I have no doubt I will buy it.  I also lurve the art style, so that'll make it even easier to get sucked in.

MetroidMst

I'm looking forward to it a lot. It seems to be quite interesting.

Lunaria

You know what would make this game really good?

If I did not have to play it with waggle device!~

Charmander106

The thing that gets me hyped is the fact that they are combining different stuff from older titles plus adding new stuff being added. Some the major points are:

• Upgrade System: Upgrade your items like shields and the slingshot
  • About 50-100 hours of gameplay
  • *New* Shield Meter: You now have breakable shields
  • *New* Stamina Meter: Link now has a stamina gauge; used for dashing, climbing, etc.

And much more...

Quietus

Quote from: Webber1900 on September 13, 2011, 04:14:17 PM

• *New* Shield Meter: You now have breakable shields
  • *New* Stamina Meter: Link now has a stamina gauge; used for dashing, climbing, etc.
I hope those aren't true.  Stuff breaking in a game gets old really quickly.

Quote from: Crys on September 13, 2011, 04:02:33 PM
You know what would make this game really good?

If I did not have to play it with waggle device!~

I'd prefer it too, but since developers seem intent on making us cock about, I have no choice.  It's either use it, or don't play a game you want to play. :stern:

Charmander106

Trust me, Everything I mentioned is true, I love that they are implementing this into Skyward Sword because it is something new to the Zelda franchise...

Also it will have a hint system much like Ocarina of Time 3D had, a boss rush mode and a second quest.

Zhs2

Remember kids, new != fun. Take, for example, the transition of FPSes over the ages.

Quietus

I agree about the FPSes.  Apart from playing through most new shooters to experience them, my three most played shooters are still Doom (including Hexen and Heretic), Duke (Hail to the king, baby!), and Unreal Tournament. :^_^:

Zero One

I am really looking forward to Skyward Sword. I'm sure the new upgrade system will blend in quite nicely, and I'm not bothered about the stamina meter; I'm used to games with them. But I really hate the idea of your shield breaking. Yes, it brings a sense of realism, but I don't want to be killed just because my damn shield broke half-way through a fight. That's not good, that's just annoying.

Power Missile

Quote from: Zero One on September 14, 2011, 10:59:46 AM
I am really looking forward to Skyward Sword. I'm sure the new upgrade system will blend in quite nicely, and I'm not bothered about the stamina meter; I'm used to games with them. But I really hate the idea of your shield breaking. Yes, it brings a sense of realism, but I don't want to be killed just because my damn shield broke half-way through a fight. That's not good, that's just annoying.
I'm sure there will be repair shops, and should I be correct it'll give me something to spend Rupees on.  Plus there might be an unbreakable upgrade or something.   :eyeroll:

I'm looking forward to Skyward Sword.

silverpaw84

[snip]

Mon732

Quote from: Webber1900New Skyward Sword Commercial:

One word. Epic....

I agree.
I've been a Zelda fan since windwaker and have played most of them since.
This Zelda game has really got me excited and I'm gonna get this for certain! :grin:

snarfblam

I have to admit, I've got a very pessimistic outlook toward Skyward Sword. It seems like everybody's got nothing but good things to say about it. But that was the case with Twilight Princess, too. For me, there was just waaaaaaay too much hand-holding in Twilight Princess. Maybe it got better at some point, but I got several hours in, and the gameplay was nothing but "go here, do this, now go here, do this." Maybe it's just me, but that's not fun, and it gets worse with every new Zelda game.

It's one thing for a game to give you clues and some optional guidance, but I'm not interested in a Zelda game with such a rigid narrative. Is there any reason that things have to be done in such a specific order? I don't see how it could get any worse, yet I'm willing to bet it will. It's a shame, because there was a lot of awesomeness in Twilight Princess, but I just didn't want the guided tour.

Qactis

Quote from: snarfblam on October 22, 2011, 12:52:45 PM
For me, there was just waaaaaaay too much hand-holding in Twilight Princess. Maybe it got better at some point, but I got several hours in, and the gameplay was nothing but "go here, do this, now go here, do this." Maybe it's just me, but that's not fun, and it gets worse with every new Zelda game.

It's one thing for a game to give you clues and some optional guidance, but I'm not interested in a Zelda game with such a rigid narrative. Is there any reason that things have to be done in such a specific order? I don't see how it could get any worse, yet I'm willing to bet it will. It's a shame, because there was a lot of awesomeness in Twilight Princess, but I just didn't want the guided tour.

lol Sequelitis - Mega Man Classic vs. Mega Man X

Okay I have recently beaten Zelda 1 (1st and 2nd quest), Zelda Challenge Outlands (1st/2nd quest, romhack of Z1), Zelda Link's Awakening, and a linked Oracle of Ages/Seasons combo. I have never beaten windwaker, or even played TP, so I can't comment on Zelda's evolution over time (though I have beaten Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks). I definitely see no problem with the previously mentioned Zeldas and how they hinted at how you should do things. Even OoA/OoS told you where to go after you beat a dungeon, but that didn't mean you didn't have a ton of figuring out to do most of the time, and the power-ups usually had hands-on experience right after you got them to show you how it's done. I'm definitely not a fan of hand-holding, but I fear the new one will probably have plenty of it. Gamers are too retarded these days, and lack the skill to figure shit out and beat the game without cheats and walkthroughs.

Power Missile

Skyward Sword will be the Game of the Year for this one key gameplay element alone:

[spoiler]Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword - Easter Egg: Link on the Toilet
...Yeah.  That's what they say at least.  :eyeroll:[/spoiler]

Mon732

Quote from: Power MissileSkyward Sword will be the Game of the Year for this one key gameplay element alone:
Lol I wondered when they would include that into a game!

Power Missile

Well, today (officially) is the release of TLOZ: Skyward Sword in Europe.  We Americans will be able to buy the game off the shelf 2 days from now.  Anyone got theirs pre-ordered?

Antidote

I do, but i didn't bother waiting :P, been playing since wednesday.

Quietus

I started last night, and have just reached the first main game area.  Enjoying it so far. :^_^:

Charmander106

JamieWebb16

Me and Webber are about to go to Gamestop soon to get the bundle, I can't wait to finally play Skyward Sword! ^\/^