News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Super Metroid: Eris

Started by Zhs2, July 29, 2009, 09:41:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Riffman81

I've been waiting for this!! Looks awesome :grin: can't wait to play through this one again.

Edit: Oh, and I 2nd the idea of having a new title screen. Would give the game a more complete feel.

advancedpillow

Digital_Mantra

This is what's left:

-release beta to:
tier 1 - noob [position filled]
tier 2 - seasoned (up for grabs)
tier 3 - sequence breaker/taser (up for grabs)

I'll need 2 people to beta.
Once I have the opinions of 3 different kinds of players,
I can further balance things out.

Lunaria

Well if need someone to give you critique on your level design, I could do a run of it. It's up to you though if you want me on it or not. Fair warning though, I play slow. :p

Yuki

I'm willing to volunteer for the seasoned spot. I have played tons of hacks, and am doing well in Eris 2009 right now.

FullOfFail

I could role-play as the noob, but I've already beaten Eris, so you'd be better getting a noob in the sense that he's a noob playability-wise, and also never beat your hack.

jibraltar

I can't wait to try the new version and i haven't tried the old one so it's going to be a whole new experience  :grin:.

passarbye

Quote from: jibraltar on April 27, 2012, 01:08:46 AM
I can't wait to try the new version and i haven't tried the old one so it's going to be a whole new experience  :grin:.
same here, just waiting for the new version. don't wanna spoil anything :P
also, according to your site, there's 3 days left to wait.
(assuming everything is going according to plan)

Lucky Dearly

It's already May and no patch for Super Metroid Eris, what gives?

Digital_Mantra

Well it is technically finished, but I'm aiming more towards early to mid may now.
Wouldn't mind polishing a few more things. Sorry about that.

DonnyDonovan

Ah yes.  A date is provided.  It passes.  And out of the woodwork they come and beg.  And beg...

Maybe I should ask Acheron how Aegis is coming...

Zhs2

It's all Grime's fault, anyway. Why did he have to disappear for n weeks instead of be around to beta Eris? Punishment time will be upon him soon. Oh, yes. :twisted:

passarbye

Quote from: Digital_Mantra on May 04, 2012, 10:11:38 PM
Well it is technically finished, but I'm aiming more towards early to mid may now.
it's alright Dman. not everything goes as expected.  :^_^:

advancedpillow

Quote from: Digital_Mantra on May 04, 2012, 10:11:38 PM

You set the pace. No worries. Really looking forward to it.

Corruptor

Darn I don't get around this site enough. A new version of Eris?! Awesome! BTW, for your Eris preview vid., dman, what is the theme you were using for it called?
EDIT: I liked the level's design, but I thought that some of the palette's were rather ugly. No offense though, you put them together in a way to make it look non-ugly.

advancedpillow

Quote from: Corruptor on May 12, 2012, 03:24:13 PM
I thought that some of the palette's were rather ugly.
:stern:

Lunaria

Corruptor

what, they don't look ugly the way he put the background together with the palette's, but I'm saying they looked ugly by themselves, that kind of thing etc. so I didn't ACTUALLY have problems with the palette. I should've been more specific, I only thought a very few palette's were ugly. and nobody answered what music the DMan used for his first preview.

Digital_Mantra

Oh and Corruptor, which trailer? There were 3. If you're referring to Eris 2012, then:
[spoiler]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sftuxbvGwiU[/spoiler]

passarbye

how close is this to actually being released?
(v2)

( i know. i'm terrible for asking.)

Zhs2

Qactis

Until there's a team of ten dudes getting paid to work on a hack for x hours a day, there's no possible way to successfully guage when it'll be done scrubs, just work on your hacks, and rejoice when a new one comes out :D

Qactis

Quote from: Corruptor on May 12, 2012, 03:24:13 PM
I thought that some of the palette's were rather ugly

Too bad his level design is so legit i don't care what the palettes look like

Corruptor

Quote from: Digital_Mantra on May 20, 2012, 09:08:46 PM

Oh and Corruptor, which trailer? There were 3. If you're referring to Eris 2012, then:
[spoiler]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sftuxbvGwiU[/spoiler]
I meant the 2011 trailer, I believe.

advancedpillow