News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Welcome to Zelconst

Started by MathOnNapkins, July 13, 2011, 01:32:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MathOnNapkins

Greetings,

This subcommunity board is intended for modding / hacking of The Legend of Zelda series games, if that wasn't already obvious. We're now open for business. Discussion of mods of any Zelda console game is welcome here, and also Zelda Classic (A recreation of Zelda 1 for the NES that goes far above and beyond the original's capabilities). Zelda Classic I feel is a reasonable exception in that it was intended as an imitation of a console Zelda game. Discussion of other fangames belongs in the appropriate board elsewhere on the forum. Other exceptions could possibly be added at a later date if deemed appropriate.

Thanks for stopping by.

zephyrtronium

Can we just discuss the theme? It still needs a bit of work, but it's pretty sexy.

MathOnNapkins

Quote from: zephyrtronium on July 13, 2011, 01:42:38 AM
Can we just discuss the theme? It still needs a bit of work, but it's pretty sexy.

What would you suggest?

zephyrtronium

The gray parts that are left over from the normal BlackRainV2 should be made not gray.

Quietus

Quote from: MathOnNapkins on July 13, 2011, 01:46:29 AMWhat would you suggest?
Pointy ears! :^_^:

In seriousness, I'm glad to see this up.  We already have SMW Central for the Mario side, MetConst for Super Metroid, so it's nice to have a resource for (I guess primarily) Zelda 3, which is probably the only other title I'd love more hacks for.

DSO

Quote from: zephyrtronium on July 13, 2011, 02:23:05 AM
The gray parts that are left over from the normal BlackRainV2 should be made not gray.
This is kinda annoying me as well. Other than that, I'm just waiting for threads to appear, I don't feel qualified to start anything myself cause I haven't done any Zelda hacking. (I imagine there are Black Magic/Dark Prophecy threads coming, at least?)

MathOnNapkins

Quote from: DSO on July 13, 2011, 09:47:27 AM(I imagine there are Black Magic/Dark Prophecy threads coming, at least?)

GET OUT OF MY HEEEEEEAD

Quote from: Quietus on July 13, 2011, 06:57:29 AMPointy ears! :^_^:

Thanks, now I can't get this image out of my head of a Metroid with pointy ears called a Zeltroid :yaynoes:

Zhs2

Quote from: zephyrtronium

These parts are all made of images, which Math hasn't gotten around to messing with yet.

Hazard Remiix

Very cool! But I don't know how to hack Zelda. D:< Is there going to be a Help forum? Or like another Tool forum (Where you get the tools for hacking) Or a RotW <------(Like we have for Metroid >:3)

Quietus

As far as getting started is concerned, you'll need Hyrule Magic.  For getting stuck in, I can thoroughly recommend Orochimaru's guide here.

Have fun! :^_^:

MathOnNapkins

Quote from: Quietus on July 13, 2011, 01:44:45 PMAs far as getting started is concerned, you'll need Hyrule Magic.

That link provides v0.962. For some additional features that are enlightening I recommend version v0.963, though: http://math.arc-nova.org/HMagic_v963.zip

It's the last version I'm aware of being released, and adds stuff like managing graphical themes, and editing event overlays on the Overworld.

Fun fact: Orochimaru == SePH.

snarfblam

Mang, now I wanna stick my old failed HDs in the freezer and try to recover my finished-but-never-released hack of Zelda (NES).

Anyways, I'll go ahead and shamelessly plug my overworld and dungeon editors for Z1 for anyone who wants to kick it old school.

Parabox

I think that's just what I'll do when I get my new comp.

Quietus

Quote from: MathOnNapkins on July 13, 2011, 02:41:30 PMFun fact: Orochimaru == SePH.
Then I'm not surprised the guide is good.  I've seen some of the stuff he's been working on, particularly the overworld side, and it's almost unrecognisable. :whoa:

snipereighteen

Here: www.zeldahacking.ulmb.com
Theres a couple of programs for editing LOZ: Oracle of Ages

manoj76

Please review this site I'm spamming on your forum that has nothing to do with this site at all:

Forewarning: The site is about building low cost trailer parks out of asbestos with 3D printers.
[spoiler]sketchup3dconstruction.com[/spoiler]

MathOnNapkins

That is the worst site about constructing 3d ketchup I've ever seen.