News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Legend of Zelda: Power of Awesomeness

Started by devonodev, August 31, 2009, 05:07:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

devonodev

Here is a small game I made last year for school, using gamemaker.
It's not great, but it was best in my class  :icon_cool:
There may be some bugs, as I haven't looked at it for a while, but hopefully nothing too big.
The game play is simple enough... arrows to move, space to shoot/action.

Zelda: Power of Awesomeness

[attachment deleted by admin]

Zhs2

ONCE YOU BEAT THE BIG BADASS GANONDORF
AND CLEAN OUT HYRULE YOU'RE SUPPOSED
TO WIN, AREN'T YOU? AREN'T YOU? WHERE'S
YOUR FAT REWARD AND TICKET HOME? WHAT
THE HELL IS THIS? IT'S NOT SUPPOSED TO
END THIS WAY!

IT STINKS LIKE MASTER SWORD, BUT LOOKS
LIKE A LITTLE WHITE BOX. LOOKS LIKE
YOU'RE STUCK ON THE OUTSKIRTS OF HYRULE.
THE ONLY WAY OUT IS THROUGH.

Zhs2

Sorry for the double post, I didn't want to touch the pwn. :grin:

I liked this; it was short, simple, and to the point (and maybe a little challenging since you warp back to the beginning of an area when you get hit instead of bouncing back. :P)

My main criticism was not being able to walk diagonally. How could you be so cruel? ;(

Also I think you can glitch warp to places by abusing enemy collision. I haven't tested this extensively, but I've been able to warp back levels by holding an arrow key and taking a single hit...

zephyrtronium

Quote from: Zhs2 on August 31, 2009, 09:13:53 AMSorry for the double post, I didn't want to touch the pwn. :grin:
That's what the [hr] tag is for.
Quote from: Zhs2 on August 31, 2009, 09:13:53 AMMy main criticism was not being able to walk diagonally. How could you be so cruel? ;(
You are no LttP fan.

Lunaria

Quote from: uNsane on August 31, 2009, 03:37:02 PM
Quote from: Zhs2 on August 31, 2009, 09:13:53 AMMy main criticism was not being able to walk diagonally. How could you be so cruel? ;(
You are no LttP fan.
Except, you can walk diagonally in LttP. <_<

Also, screenshots or something before I download. :/

devonodev

Once I figured out how to make link move diagonally, the game was nearly finished, and it would have been alot of effort to change it.
And I added pics to first post.
Quote from: Zhs2 on August 31, 2009, 09:13:53 AM
Also I think you can glitch warp to places by abusing enemy collision. I haven't tested this extensively, but I've been able to warp back levels by holding an arrow key and taking a single hit...
:pwuh: