News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Forum got an upgrade

Started by Zhs2, July 09, 2011, 01:59:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheAnonymousUser

@Shadox
Those are current builds of ZC 2.50
(ZC have warned us that bugs still exist in these builds and to use these builds at our own risk).

ZC have created a ZC 2.10 update for Vista and 7 which you can find at ZeldaClassic.com.

Katelyn

Quote from: TheAnonymousUser on July 13, 2011, 07:08:22 PM
@Shadox
(ZC have warned us that bugs still exist in these builds and to use these builds at our own risk).

While you are correct, I've yet to face a single problem in my days of using those builds. I assume it's up to you, but I like what I have, thank you.
-edited out-

Lunaria

Some 2.5 builds are very stable... others are not. I use 2.5 myself due to the shear number of new futures it have.

Quietus

Feel like I opened a little can of worms, but regardless, thanks for the links / info, guys 'n' gals. :^_^:

Edit: The forum used to offer me a popup if I'd received any PMs.  Is this going to be added back in?

Phazar

Also, it seems I am no longer able to merge posts via button.  I'm assuming that is due to the update as well?

Zhs2

Quote from: QuietusEdit: The forum used to offer me a popup if I'd received any PMs.  Is this going to be added back in?
Check the newly added Personal Messaging options in your profile (or Change Settings in your personal messages center.)

Quote from: PhazarAlso, it seems I am no longer able to merge posts via button.  I'm assuming that is due to the update as well?
People used that mod?

Phazar

Quote from: Zhs2 on July 28, 2011, 12:46:30 AM
Quote from: PhazarAlso, it seems I am no longer able to merge posts via button.  I'm assuming that is due to the update as well?
People used that mod?
I often used it on noobs who think they can get away with double posting.  METCONST NOOBS Y U NO USE EDIT BUTTON?

Quietus

Technically, it's the modify button. :razz:

TheAnonymousUser

What has happened to the phrases that appeared at the top of this website such as:
"Don't eat the frostbite."
or "Raising Metroid to a higher level."

JAM

Admins often saying: "Is it working? Is it working normally? If yes, don't touch anything, don't change anything"

Was it really nessesary to switch to version 2? For now, current version is not so functional as 1.14 was. Only one advantage I see is when you're saving attach like "patch.asm", it saves as "patch.asm", not "index.txt" or so.

As for disadvantages:
1. Topics with new messages no longer bolded.
2. Formatting text table is not active.
3. Awards aren't present in current version.
4. It takes more time to load.
5. And where is board jumper? I mean, Small textbox allowing to jump from one board to another.
6. PM page is looking ugly. Maybe, only with my browser, but forum in general looks fine. (I'll post a pic later)
7. Besides of that, some users (at least me and Phason) are having a problems when browsing the forum

Don't think that I'm not a thankful dude, but I just don't want to get the second m2k2 here.

Zhs2

Quote from: JAMWas it really nessesary to switch to version 2? For now, current version is not so functional as 1.14 was.
Support was discontinued for the older version of the forum and had several security holes patched since.

Quote from: JAM1. Topics with new messages no longer bolded.
Side effect of the updated skin for use with the new forum. I can probably fix this, but I haven't had a lot of time to do detective work recently.

Quote from: JAM2. Formatting text table is not active.
3. Awards aren't present in current version.
Both were from plugins either discontinued by the plugin authors or incompatible with the latest version of the forum.

Quote from: JAM5. And where is board jumper? I mean, Small textbox allowing to jump from one board to another.
At the bottom of the page...?

Zhs2

Well, several things have been fixed since then, some of them things that I had not been knowing about for quite a while. Two of the most recent fixes were to attachments breaking on spaces and guests not being able to view them, among the lacking awards system and CSS problems that contributed to user confusion. Let me know if there's any other problems to address that anyone has noticed.

JAM

Quote from: Zhs2 on July 29, 2011, 03:17:35 PM
Support was discontinued for the older version of the forum and had several security holes patched since.
Ah, I've got it.

Quote from: Zhs2 on July 29, 2011, 03:17:35 PM
Quote from: JAM5. And where is board jumper? I mean, Small textbox allowing to jump from one board to another.
At the bottom of the page...?
Yes, this one. As for me, useful thing there was...

Quote from: Zhs2 on January 01, 2012, 01:44:58 PM
Two of the most recent fixes were to attachments breaking on spaces and guests not being able to view them, among the lacking awards system and CSS problems that contributed to user confusion. Let me know if there's any other problems to address that anyone has noticed.
Attached files with .txt extension are still losing their name when you are trying to save them. By default, the forum suggest to save the attached file as "index". No problems with other extensions detected.

Zero One

The forum has now been updated to 2.0.11 and fixes some security problems. We have also included a mention feature. Similar to Twitter handles, typing '@' will bring up a list of people, and posting will give them a notification, similar to receiving a PM. For example, @Zero One will notify me. There is also the option to accept emails about receiving a notification, which is defaulted to off.

Needless to say, don't abuse it or we'll take it away.

Vismund Cygnus

Oh god. You shouldn't have told them.
*Vismund readies the banhammer

Remember guys, we have IRC still! It's a much more effective place to bug people.  :^_^:

Quietus

We need a user with a name like 'You' or 'Yew', just so we can all sound like we're sneezing when we notify them. :^_^:

snarfblam

@Vismund Cygnus chillax bro.

Also, since people tend to take the path of least resistance, might was well shove the IRC link right in their face.

Channel / Web client