News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Poll: Python-equipped peeps

Started by Silver Skree, July 09, 2011, 02:07:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you (usually) have Python installed the machine you (usually) hack on?

Yes
4 (36.4%)
No
7 (63.6%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Silver Skree

This is a simple count of how many people work on a machine that has Python installed. Depending on the results of the poll, I'm considering writing some (very, very basic and simple) tools. I have one in mind that would help facilitate the sharing of data for collab/community hacks, and my language of preference is Python, but if it turns out not many people keep it installed in their hacking environment, then I'll probably go with a compiled language instead.

Also, if people don't vote "No" when it's the right answer for them, then I can't get an accurate count. Please answer the poll instead of just ignoring it.

zephyrtronium

py2exe? It's quick enough unless you want to clean out all the extra stuff it tends to pack in like I used to do.

Silver Skree

Yeah, I know that's always an option. But really, if I'm going to make something compiled, I want to make it in a compiled language. Something about the idea of writing something in an interpreted language with the intent of making it compiled doesn't sit right with me. :U