News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

[SM] Super Metroid Parasite Echo (on hold)

Started by A_red_monk_called_Key, June 15, 2011, 05:12:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crashtour99

IIRC yes, and they're compressed in a weird format or something.  I actually tried looking into it once, but got absolutely nowhere.  I think it would take a level of skill/dedication to pull em out that no one is willing or capable of doing.  It could probably be done, just no one wants to.  lol

A_red_monk_called_Key

Layer 2 on the file select menu was a cake walk.
i think layer 1 on the title wont be so bad in the hex editer, because it was just 2 sets of numbers to place each tile on layer 2 of the file select menu.

the first set was y then x on a 16 by 16 tile grid, the second set choose which grid and which palette 0,1,2, and then 3 was game boy 4,5,6 would start over with the next palette

i would think it would be simular but maybe more sets or maybe only one set because of the way its set up to use more colors for each 8x8 tile

A_red_monk_called_Key

Edit:Mode 7 mastered. new title added.

Riffman81

Seriously looking forward to this hack! That data screen background GFX is nice! Looks like new progress is being made on this one relatively fast. Props for juggling two projects at once, even though Phazon is for the most part complete, it's nice to see it getting attention as well.

A_red_monk_called_Key

thank you Sadiztyk for the new Controls. i was able to replay PE with some small changes to the levels and it was alot of fun. the heat runs start off easy and picks up in challange as you go, with no room editing for those parts, it was like they were made for that code.

MetalZer0

I'm looking forward for this awesome hack  :eyeroll:

A_red_monk_called_Key

i would like to to make a demo, but i have been work on this game almost as long as the phazon hack. its collected the best of my graphics and now that i'm reworking the phazon hack, i don't like allot of the graphics, and there gitting cut from this game. there will be a beta hopefully by next summer. but i can't promises any thing because this game has to be perfect for the first release(so maybe by next fall)

snipereighteen

... Holy shizzle! This hack is fraking amazing!  :whoa:

Chazara

This hack looks reaaallly exciting! I can't wait for the release. I know you said fall (can't remember if you said this year or next? lol) but yeah, looks great! Keep up the good work

MATHGODpi

Wait... Phazon was just a practice hack?

You sir, are something else.

A_red_monk_called_Key

truth be told i made 25% of one hack for 3 months and 40% of anther for 3 more, before i made SM Ph. phazon hack is actually phazon 2. the first was escape from tallon IV.

Update Edit:allmost done with SM Ph 0.3, when thats done i'm taking a brake to help other hackers with graphics, then revamping the whole game with similar but better GFX, and maximising as much space as possible for a bigger game

Robstar360

Just wanted to bump on this thread because I am STILL excited to see 0.3 and PE!!! Any word when an IPS will drop? I check this website every day for the last .... AS LONG AS I CAN REMEMBER! MUST.. PLAY.. GAME! I will also beta test if you need help =)

A_red_monk_called_Key

you can check the progress of the phazon hack on the first page of the SM phazon thread.(i don't have much time to work on it these dayz, but i something done every weekend) as far as PE goes i'm scraping the whole game and starting over. in about 6 months i'll have finshed assembly class at the tech, so you can expect to see more info on this game at that time