News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Super Metroid: Grand Prix

Started by Daltone, July 25, 2009, 08:41:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daltone

hello fellas, here is a mini hack that is a race, requires wall jumping (not singlewall) thats about it.
UnHeadered   :^_^:

Edit fixed 2 bugs!

Edit2: power thanks to squishy it now counts seconds!!!
Edit3: super duper thanks to squishy the ending looks better!!!

[attachment deleted by admin]

RealRed

Thanks for the .bmp. You've piqued my interest. I'll play this now, I guess :P

GF_Kennon

You should save as a .png rather than a .bmp, it saves a ton of space and allows you to upload faster, as well as save space on MetConst, ill play this soon, tomorrow though as its 2am.

Samus-Aran

im ggonna do an lp of this on daily motion

RealRed

That was fun, I didn't like the fact that I was able to get all the way to the shutter room without springball.. I had to restart ;_;

TIME: 0:05
Did I win teh race? ;D

GF_Kennon

Quote from: Bloodsonic on July 25, 2009, 09:28:24 PM
TIME: 0:05
Did I win teh race? ;D

Time: 0:03 ;D

This was a very good hack, with graphical editing etc etc, this is an excellent hack, the only problem was the fact if you missed spring ball you would get perma stuck and have to restart.

i recorded this so should be entertaining to watch.  :icon_biggrin:

Daltone

yeah wasn't thinking' with the spring ball, anyways glad you enjoy it

Samus-Aran

heres a thought for your next hack maybe you could make a wimp version of this hack who cant do the tricks idea don't ask why i can do the tricks

Daltone

Hmm... No.
the way i see it is you should play the original more if you cant do any walljumping

Samus-Aran

personitis

Quote from: Samus Aran on July 26, 2009, 12:01:58 AM
there is one anoying jump
Go play redesign, nuff said.

Anyway, I'll check this out soon. Looks to be small yet fun. *waits for...*

squishy_ichigo

3. No pointless bumping - Topic bumping is allowed, as long as one is able to add to the subject matter at hand with a thoughtful and intelligent post (or new content otherwise, since this is a hacking forum.) Violations of this manner will usually result in a warning.

Samus Aran: If your gonna reply, plz add abit more to your post. The rules state that we don't encourage posts with little to no content. Keep it to IRC! :/
* squishy_ichigo inpersonates Bloodsonic
plzkthx

edit: on topic, I'm gonna play this tommorow, since I'm off work! Will post my time in mins and seconds with my new patch! :3

squishy_ichigo

First Try - 8:29

Was lots of fun! You need to make some more of these! Like a series!  Also, the explosion at the end doesn't look very good, imo. (If you want to fix that, give me a holler on #metconst on irc)
And some of the signs confused me, but they all probably had a reason, I'm gonna play it again and see what those reason are!

All in all, great game!

Samus-Aran

Scyzer

I got 4.26 on first playthough. I played again and got 3.59 :grin:

I wonder how fast a TAS of this would be? Probably like 2 minutes. I know I wasted about 30 seconds trying to figure out where to go in the big tall room witht the sign at the top telling me to go left.

Lunaria

08:05 first time playing. No save stats or anything.

DSO

Quote from: Sadiztyk Fish on July 27, 2009, 05:09:21 AM
I got 4.26 on first playthough. I played again and got 3.59 :grin:

I wonder how fast a TAS of this would be? Probably like 2 minutes. I know I wasted about 30 seconds trying to figure out where to go in the big tall room witht the sign at the top telling me to go left.

CPAdolf could squeeze some frames out of the run I did but not enough to get it under 3 minutes.

Samus-Aran