News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Top Hacks 2009 Discussion topic

Started by Lunaria, December 12, 2009, 05:03:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lunaria

As it's one post per user in the topic (like it should be! :3)
I figured, why not have a discussion topic about things you might want to talk about regarding it!

I have still yet to decide best overal hack myself! In fact, I don't really like any of the hacks that came out this year too much. <_>;

Laeresh

squishy_ichigo

Once the nominations are complete, the actual voting will be with a poll. ;D

Lunaria

Quote from: red_jenpuren on December 12, 2009, 09:33:42 AM
Once the nominations are complete, the actual voting will be with a poll. ;D
Waah, really?
Quote from: Zhs2 on December 11, 2009, 03:16:27 PMThere will be no official grading or voting. Instead, we will patiently listen to each and every nomination list in this topic, and then put together the official list to be hosted on Metroid Construction's main site along with a short article for each one and links to the hacks in question. The winners of the Top Hacks of the Year contest will also receive a small icon on their badge list on the forums as well as a medium-sized one in their collection for use elsewhere.

Zhs2

As far as I am concerned, that topic IS the official poll. Of course, it goes without saying that we're not just going to count the number of times a hack's name comes up in the topic. Your heartfelt explanations of why will help hacks to be big winners too!

Edit: squishy got on the IRC and told how big of an idiot I was for not going about things the way he thought they were gonna happen, so now we've got a compromise going. There will be a poll. The location of the poll is TBA, and will be given after the nomination time is over. Silly squishy and his confusedness. :/

Also, I am a complete idiot for not adding Best Challenge to the list. It's been added now, though, so apologies to everyone. Next year when this is all not so new I won't be such a klutz. >_<

By the way, it's strictly one post only, but you should not be afraid to edit your post if you have a change in opinion or want to post a better opinion in general. I'm looking at you, metruler1990 and Parabox.

Malpercio

maybe i'll edit mine when i decide on some hacks to nominate. atm, however, all i have to nominate is my first hack as the worst hack of 2k9

RealRed

Can we (I) make trophy images for each of the different categories?
That would be cool.

squishy_ichigo

Get to it art slave! >:D
And if they are to our approval, we MIGHT use them.... BWA-HA-HA-HAHA!

:P
We were gonna ask you to draw them anyways. Its better this way... with you asking. You'll be more inclined to do it! ^-^
* red_jenpuren notices he uses ALOT of text smileys...
<_<;
I wonder if that bugs people?

Silver Skree

Quote from: red_jenpuren on December 17, 2009, 11:11:10 AMI wonder if that bugs people?
Not at all. At least, I know it doesn't bother me.

personitis

not at all squishy, adds some flavor to the forums really