The Great Metroid Construction Collaboration Hunt - Post your resources here!

Started by Zhs2, July 20, 2009, 07:55:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lunaria

Those look pretty nice blood!

Now if only our (none existent) GFX section on the main site was not total tosh!

crimsonsunbird

Shortcut to remove wall jump without using HxD

JAM

3.51kb? Dude, what the hell you did? I can make the patch that removes wall jump, based on known tweaks and size of that patch will be 22 bytes or so. And that is 160 times less than your patch.

And I'd say more. You'll HAVE to use HxD or any other hex editor if you really want to make a good hack.

crimsonsunbird

Quote from: JAM on November 07, 2014, 04:39:55 PM
3.51kb? Dude, what the hell you did? I can make the patch that removes wall jump, based on known tweaks and size of that patch will be 22 bytes or so. And that is 160 times less than your patch.

And I'd say more. You'll HAVE to use HxD or any other hex editor if you really want to make a good hack.
this happened, why I removed the intro
here is the file  without removed intro

personitis

I didn't quite know where else to post this, so I figured here would be the most relevant. A while ago, DSO linked me to this site (Fullsnes) which has a lot of information on the SNES hardware. While curious and googling for SNES development tools, I also stumbled upon another site, SNES Development which has a lot of similar information it seems at a quick glance.

I'm not sure how useful this may actually be for people, but I figured they were both noteworthy.

Metaquarius

Me again with more silly arrangements. I'm providing those songs as binary files, I think you know by now how to use them (check PJBOY post if not)
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/7cvqf1qw1q7fbwf/AADU7t-Rl59x1_UAmO54p2gha?dl=0

MetroidMst

This is clearly the single greatest thing to happen to Metroid since bubbles.

[spoiler=The only thing that matters for your hack]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wNIANIsxMTg[/spoiler]

Quietus

Cloud20

Quote from: Metaquarius on November 21, 2014, 03:21:52 PM
Me again with more silly arrangements. I'm providing those songs as binary files, I think you know by now how to use them (check PJBOY post if not)
Both Classic Escape and Vampire Killer have a second track with additionnal sound effects. Previews on my Yt channel as always. Bye

Now the next step Meta : make an arrangment of "This is SPARTA!", just because SM needs it  :wink:

RealRed

Well Crys, sounds like you're working on the hacks page overhaul, so maybe the .gfx section'll get an update someday too.

Okay, I don't post in this thread without a reason.

More new (read: old) goodies; Revolution EX 2 rocks!
This tileset actually kind of blows since it's really empty, but I'm putting it up on request.

Enjoy!

Quietus

Hawntah

Green Brinstar theme for Zero Mission:

Green Brinstar
Thoughts? Here's the .s file for all you MZM hackers out there, no need to give credit or anything.

Jordan5

That's awesome! It's always good to see ZM getting some attention, and adding SM elements to it is even better :grin:

JAM

Quote from: Bloodsonic on November 21, 2014, 08:26:20 PM
Well Crys, sounds like you're working on the hacks page overhaul, so maybe the .gfx section'll get an update someday too.
It was me. And it fucking wasted all my free time yesterday =(

Report:
Uploaded: 21
To upload: 59 (+1 hack by FaiskaBr per day or so)

Don't worry. When the hack page will be more or less up-to-date, it'll be a time to upload a patch section.

And to make that bump not useless too, here is a small patch I made to test ExLoROM. It boosts the size of your ROM to the 4 Mb instantly. No need to click "Add New Bank" 32 times in SMILE. If your ROM have data in banks $E0..FF it doesn't matter. Only single byte at the very end of the ROM will be overwrited.

Free space used:
3FFFFF

Kitsune_Phoenix

*deleted post*

Cpt.Glitch

Might as well contribute something. There are 3 suit palettes (my favorite being gravity) and a black Cactus. The cactus is a must for all hacks.  :<_<:

Jiffy

Quote from: Kitsune_Phoenix on December 12, 2014, 09:24:10 PM
Quote from: Metaquarius on October 31, 2014, 06:39:23 AM
And more custom music ! This time we have two classic tracks : Brinstar and Ridley's lair, using SM instruments only. (see attachments below)

Note : I've also uploaded individual patches for each Alternate Zebes song, link here.
As I am viewing this thread from my phone, I cannot try them. However, if I could hear them in a video or hear an MP3 conversion, that would be swell.

They're newly uploaded to his Youtube channel, namely Metaquarius. :^_^:

P.JBoy

Quote from: Jefe962 on December 13, 2014, 06:26:01 AM
Quote from: Kitsune_Phoenix on December 12, 2014, 09:24:10 PM
Quote from: Metaquarius on October 31, 2014, 06:39:23 AM
And more custom music ! This time we have two classic tracks : Brinstar and Ridley's lair, using SM instruments only. (see attachments below)

Note : I've also uploaded individual patches for each Alternate Zebes song, link here.
As I am viewing this thread from my phone, I cannot try them. However, if I could hear them in a video or hear an MP3 conversion, that would be swell.

They're newly uploaded to his Youtube channel, namely Metaquarius. :^_^:

Which you can find very quickly by clicking the link he has to his website in every post

Cloud20

First contribution of the year 2015 :)

So...
I decided to release the package containing graphics of the "Erodia" area from Parasite Amber, a former project finally never released. I know some of you could be really interested by this. See the attachment below.
Please just credit it for any use.

Here is a sample :
[spoiler]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3c-vORcCKMw[/spoiler]

Vismund Cygnus

Oh man, that's fucking cool. Glad to see this out, I'll have to see if I can get some use outta it.  :grin:

Cloud20

Glad to see it could be useful. I will release the "Skypolis" area later  :^_^:

Retroo

Charmander106

So I decided to re-learn ASM and I got two things to share with you guys!

My first ASM patch is an update to my first patch, Gravity Suit Immune to Spikes. Now it adds those Air Fool X-Ray with a BTS of $02 damage blocks normally used for other spikes in the original vanilla Super Metroid.

The next ASM patch is a modified version of Crashtour's charge beam healing, that includes reserve tanks. It also changes how fast it heals you which you can modify to fit your needs. Credits to Crashtour99 for his original code.

RealRed

I did some research just now on Toge (D03F). SMILE's writeup was really vague, so here's a thing to paste in.

D03F (aka- TOGE)
Speed - 0A0B
A: pop-up frequency. 0 is frequent, F is rare movement.
B: unknown. Super Metroid has this set to 1 occasionally. 4-7 crash the game if Toge is on-screen. 8+ and the room will fail to load.

Speed 2 -0CDD
C: Horizontal movement limit. Super Metroid uses 1, 3, and 5. High values like F will lock Toge into a single spot, whereas low values like 1 will make Toge much less shy about exploring.
DD: Horizontal speed. typically 4-8, but Toge can become a speed demon with values like 30+