The Great Metroid Construction Collaboration Hunt - Post your resources here!

Started by Zhs2, July 20, 2009, 07:55:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quietus

Quote from: Mettyk25jigsaw on February 06, 2013, 02:44:31 AMon page 26
Users have varying page settings.  It's usually best to provide a link to the post.  Here you go. :^_^:

personitis

I have no idea how this will help anyone, but I'm finding use for it so I figured why not. This txt lists used and unused door cap (pink, green, yellow, locked, and eye door) indexes.

Boop.

allie224

hey guys,
Iam also in trouble with the issue of hacking. i want you to suggest me antivirus so that i can get rid of virus, trojans and make my lapy virus free. i want your help please suggest me the best.

Quietus

Um, I'm not even sure where to start.  The hacking you're referring to is nothing to do with what we do here.  We deal with modifying ROMs to create new versions of games.

As to your question, you could start with some good freebies.  Look for Microsoft Security Essentials, Spybot - Search and Destroy, and Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (only the trial is free, but it gives you more than enough time to run a full scan).

Good luck. :^_^:

Parabox

All you'd ever need are MSE, MAM (as Quietus said) as well as NOD32.

JAM

And... bump.
I had this thing in plans long time ago... Finally, it's completed.

Bugfix compilation v1.00: 16 in 1

This is a compilation of all existing bugfixes into single patch just to apply once. Some of them are just a single byte fix while others uses a lot of data. 2 of them are using a bit of free space, read how to use it part.

Note
Vanilla map fix is not included because in over 90% of current hacks the game map is changed.

List of patches
0. Samus elbow fix
1. Aim everything
2. Reflec bomb fix
3. Super Missile fix v1.2
4. Level Entries fix v1.1
5. Morphing Ball value fix
6. Vertical door fix v2
7. Yellow Gate fix
8. Upside down gate fix
9. Boss music fix
A. Golden Torizo freezing code fix
B. Map tiles fix
C. Reserve energy safety fuse v2
D. Space/Time Beam fix
E. Blue echoes fix
F. Fix Samus body leap

Warning
Regular SMILE can't recognize "Hits to Open" property of modified doors. If you see B4 in that field, then don't touch it. Use SMILE JX to edit "Hits to Open" property.

Warning
If you have changed "Hits to Open" property before applying the patch you'll need to that again after applying because patch format doesn't allow to shift the data by X bytes ahead and behind. So I had to write default property for each door.

Warning
If you've already edited map tiles, this patch can overwrite a few of them because of patch B.

Compatibility
About 90% of hacks, because most of compilated patches are not using the free space.

How to use it
0. Read description.
1. Check for a free space in your hack. If the are FF's from 12F95A to 12F965 and from 1577D3 to 157809, it's OK to use.
2. Unpack the patch.
3. Apply patch to the unheadered ROM.
4. Edit "Hits to Open" property in SMILE JX. [Optional]
5. Redraw modified map tiles [Optional]
6. If you're using regular SMILE, version up to 2.5 then find level_entries.txt file. It should be inside files folder of your SMILE folder.
7. Make a copy of it.
8. Unpack the level_entries.txt file from this archive and replace old file in "smile/files/" folder.

Warning
To edit "Hits to Open" property of green and pink vertical doors after applying patch you'll need SMILE JX version 2.79 or above. If you try to do that in regular SMILE you'll see B4 in that field. If you change it in regular SMILE, you'll crash the door code.

Warning
Keep in mind that if you have added to the level_entries after expanding rooms, you'll need to copy them over to the new level_entries.txt.

Credits
If you feel this patch useful, please give credits to:
•Kejardon for patches 0-3 and for fixing patch 3.
•Crashtour99 for finding a bug in the patch 3.
•Scyzer aka Sadiztyk for patch 4.
•BigDomino for finding a bug in patch 4.
•JAM for making fixed version of patch 3, for extending patch 4, for making patches 5-E and for complitating all these patches in one.
•A_red_monk_called_Key for patch F.

Black Falcon

As requested, the patch and asm for the debug menu I made:
[spoiler]
Custom debug menu for sounds
[/spoiler]

How to use it:
- apply to a clean ROM (NOT to your hack!)
- use quickmet anywhere
- jump button plays the sound, shoot button changes the track depending on the values
- use left/right to navigate, up/down to change values

The game will be paused all the time and not be playable as usual.

issues:

- track numbers have to be multiples of 3, else the APU will crash
- the values aren't labeled, so you may want to watch the video to know which value changes what
- some sounds are buggy and will never stop playing again, so you have to reset the rom

Have fun  :^_^:

passarbye

that debug menu seems like it would be very useful for ripping music/sounds.

A_red_monk_called_Key

this ASM adds always open/flashing to gray doors. to use just set the gray door high to $1C

Black Falcon

I thought making it always flash is already possible using $80+ as high byte for grey doors :/

A_red_monk_called_Key

squishy_ichigo

To clarify what Black Falcon is referring to, its always flashing because the high bit is used for respawning plms, in this case a grey door, which is flashing because the boss bit is set.
The boss bit will always be set (why would you toggle it?) and the door will always re-spawn after you 'open' it, thus creating an always flashing door.

Now, whether or not this is what you have re-created, I have no idea.

A_red_monk_called_Key

oh yeah what was i thinking. this patch will flash the door always. and the door wont return after to open it.

Metaquarius

Flipped Kraid Patch
Ever dreamed to fight Kraid from the other side ? Now it's possible !
Don't forget to give me credit if you use this patch in own hack, hard work involved in there !
This patch uses NO freespace.
- overwrites lots of stuff in bank $A7 - location of Kraid's AI and data
- overwrites stuff in bank $B9 - location of Kraid's BG2 tilemap
- overwrites some bytes in bank $90 - unused (I think) scrolling related stuff
- overwrites some bytes in bank $86 - location of Kraid's projectile AI

Actually, you might need to make some slight changes to Kraid's room level data to make him work properly.
Enjoy and tell me if you like it :)

Quote58

I was cleaning out my metroid hacking folder and saw my .gfx of a more organized cre, it's done except for the remaking of the tiletables. However if I'm not even coding these days, there's 0 chance of me finishing something as boring as tiletables, so I figured I'd put it out here if anyone else wanted to make the tiletables and possibly help out like, 1 person new to hacking.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/60276829/Organized%20cre.gfx
and for a picture,
[spoiler][/spoiler]
I changed it slightly since then, moving the etank/power bombs plm over by one cause it looked stupid. The square next to them btw needs to be there because it's the blank square used in tilesets and the cre, which for someone using vanilla gfx would be a bitch to change.

Mettyk25jigsaw

Hi, well I thought I'd send a patch which adds an extra feature to the springball item, what happens is mockball is completely disabled in game until such time you find the sprockball/springball and then is enabled (spr for Spring and ock for mock). I have changed the name of springball to Sprock Ball in both message box and gfx for pause screen stats thingy...

No free space used...

I Hope you enjoy...

Scyzer

God damn that was a mouthfull. Just some notes about what data was changed where it is will do fine.
Most people here know how to use IPS patches and repoint data anyway.

Crashtour99

Finally finished working this up.  Hopefully some folks will find it useful.

A complete guide to editing Samus' animations!   :yay:

Quietus

Nice work, Crashtour.  Now we just need an idiot's guide for the creation of animated tiles. :heheh:

Quote58

So I finally stopped being lazy and wrote up this little bit of asm that puts an ingame timer onto the hud so you can see how you're doing while playing. Unfortunatly there isn't much room on the vanilla hud, so it only show minutes and seconds, but if someone has a better idea for placement, I'll update the .asm with that.

Quietus

I know it's easy enough to apply, but it'd be nice to get a screenshot of it, so people can make an instant decision on it. :^_^:

Vismund Cygnus

So I was going to have a look, but it appears the link to xkas assembler no longer has anything on it.  :pwuh:

Quietus

You can still grab it from a few places.  Here's a link for SMWCentral.  I did try RHDN, but it's blocked at work. :neutral:

There's also SNEStuff, which does a whole host of things in one hit, including the .asm side.

personitis

Quote from: Quietus on July 19, 2013, 06:43:06 AM
but it'd be nice to get a screenshot of it, so people can make an instant decision on it. :^_^:
At the request of you and Shadow, I decided to take a snap of it. Though note that I did open the ASM and change it from the default MM.SS to HH.MM.