News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

[SM] Metroid: Underground Disscussion Thread

Started by Charmander106, April 06, 2011, 08:34:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charmander106

[spoiler=Story]No story yet![/spoiler]

[spoiler=Description]This is my first full hack, right now the hack is in the works and hopefully that it will not perish like all the other hacks that I did. But I am determined to get this done and completed soon! I may post a demo of it when I feel like it is worthy for a beta...[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Credits]No credits yet![/spoiler]

[spoiler=Release Date]No release date. It will be done when it gets done...[/spoiler]

Crashtour99

I know it's just generic Norfair rock, but I love the layering in the 3rd pic.

Parabox

Mr first thoughts: OH YEEEEEEEEAaaaaaahhhhhhh. Looking very nice. Not Black_Falcon I spend ages creating these tiles nice, but very I used natural tiles in a DMan-like way with extra shading on top nice.

DSO

Awesome looking stuff, I've never seen the original tilesets looking so naturally awesome.

Draconis Kenjishiya

Very nice. I love when the original tileset is used creatively. That elevator room was pretty awesome, if lengthy.

Quietus

Looking very nice so far.  I also like to see hacking done with the original tilesets.  While it is a good thing to have custom graphics, there's nothing wrong with the original stuff.

gunnargumpert

Looks very good so far.

But remember: don't always make to much space - ab. 6 blocks average is very enought. Else you wouldn't see the celine ingame, cause it's to high.

Keep it up. Looks awsome!

Charmander106

Thanks for the comments and your criticism. I"ll hopefully get some more pictures up soon to add some more content.

Charmander106

UPDATED FIRST POST!

New Content for: Videos

[spoiler=New Video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWR4b2HqYIg[/spoiler]

Prime Hunter

That's pretty wicked. It looks a lot more dangerous to me than the original version of the lava, that's for sure.

I'm guessing that's not a simple FX1 modification or anything, but an actual GFX edit to the lava itself, right?

Crashtour99

Quote from: Prime Hunter on April 10, 2011, 08:22:26 AM
That's pretty wicked. It looks a lot more dangerous to me than the original version of the lava, that's for sure.

I'm guessing that's not a simple FX1 modification or anything, but an actual GFX edit to the lava itself, right?
There's the Crateria "ocean" animated tiles, red/heat glow, and lava fx, so 3 things combined in a visually stunning way.  Very good stuff there Webber!

Charmander106

This is not really an update but...

I just need suggestions for a story, as I am not very good at coming up for one so suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I would also like say that I am not planning on a release date, just letting you know...

Qactis

As always your backgrounds and detail in the tiles are spectacular. That elevator room is something serious, especially once I noticed it was underwater and those statues were doors. Very cool. The glowing lava was awesome as well.

Charmander106

[spoiler][/spoiler]

X-tradyte

That better not be like Pantheons, morph ball, and take forever to get. I love the room though. Good job.

EDIT: Anyone notice the top says Game and Hack, instead of File and Edit?

Qactis

Quote from: Webber1900 on June 10, 2011, 10:53:32 PM
[spoiler][/spoiler]

I like how the head is in front of rock and there's rock in front of the head and it all looks great nice job man

Quietus

Is that a custom image in the block type box?

Charmander106

Quote from: Quietus on June 11, 2011, 10:33:30 AM
Is that a custom image in the block type box?

Yes, I had drawn some new ones because I was bored of the old ones.

Charmander106

Hi everybody! I just wanted to say that I am wanting starting the project over, but I am going to redo what I am doing to the hack...

I plan on having this hack a bit more planned out, because this hack was just out of nowhere, because of that the project could of gone anywhere. Now I want this to be really awesome hack and have it more better constructed. I hope you guys can understand and forgive me to have to tell you what was to become of this...

Not only will this be good for me, but for the players as well... Cheers!

~ Webber1900

Quietus

It's always a pain to hear of a project dying, the whole reincarnation thing catches a lot of hackers.  As knowledge is obtained, additional content is added, but as more and more knowledge is gained, it becomes obvious that a hack outgrows itself, and needs to be restarted.

Anyway, enough philosophy.  Your room design is sex, and it makes me want to hump my monitor.  Since I like humping, I wish you luck with bringing us more hacking goodness. :^_^:

Charmander106

Quote from: Quietus on September 12, 2011, 12:52:10 PM
It's always a pain to hear of a project dying, the whole reincarnation thing catches a lot of hackers.  As knowledge is obtained, additional content is added, but as more and more knowledge is gained, it becomes obvious that a hack outgrows itself, and needs to be restarted.

Anyway, enough philosophy.  Your room design is sex, and it makes me want to hump my monitor.  Since I like humping, I wish you luck with bringing us more hacking goodness. :^_^:

Trust me, this hack will not die. Even if I restart it millions of times I will get this hack done!

I have been working out on a map for Crateria, so far it is looking good. Will post it as soon as it done.
Will be updating the first post when I feel like it.

Charmander106

Sorry for the double post but...

I got the Crateria map finished with rough sketches of what the rooms will look like. Take a look here:
[spoiler][/spoiler]

How is it? Give me some feedback, really need it...

Katelyn

EDIT: Just realized.

Map looks well laid out. Looks like an actual map, instead of the shit I tend to produce~

Nice going.

Phazos: True Phazon deity

Hey webber I might have a story line for ya. It may be a bit extensive or such... also it would require changing the names of all the area's to something different.

Ok taking into consideration that the player starts off on the planet from the start...

here is my idea.

I had gotten into a combat situation above the planet Talsek V. My opponents was a small squadron of Space Pirates. I was hoping that i would be able to take them all down but apparently they had an ace beneath their armor. De-cloaking from behind the Pirate forces was a Pirate Frigate that fired a beam of energy at my ship. I knew that I had to get out of there before me and my ship were both destroyed. I started heading for the planet where I was hoping for some safety, at least until I got my ship repaired and my Suit was fully restored.
After crash landing on Talsek V, I emerged from my ship slightly disoriented and looked around my surroundings. I then saw that I was underground with no light in sight except for the faint glow that seemed to fill the cavern itself. I knew that this venture was not going to be easy right from the start. Me being who I was decided to explore this planet to see what secrets it held.

(what do you think?)

Charmander106

I really like the story, truly is indeed good, but I don't think that would fit to what got planned. Plus, I have a story already made up. I just need to work on the story a bit more before I feel like posting it here....

But thank you for that, you should use that for your hack if you plan on making one...