News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Indie Game: Iji

Started by Silver Skree, May 15, 2009, 01:31:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silver Skree

http://www.remar.se/daniel/iji.php

Trailer

Made by Daniel Remar, an indie game developer, Iji is a sidescroller platformer-shooter with RPG elements (which are pretty much limited to EXP and Leveling up). The gameplay is a lot similar to Metroid, only instead of collecting everything you come across, you gain levels and gain a point for each level that you can spend on one of your stats, and depending on what stats you raise to what level, you can use different items and abilities.

The game also has great replay value. It has several difficulty settings, bonuses, easter eggs, and diferent styles of gameplay and dialogue changes (Try going for a 0-kill Pacifist run your second time around.) The game's music is also some of the best I've heard, hands down. It is by far the BEST indie game of 2008, and it's worth every minute of your time to milk it for all it's worth.

Zhs2

... Wait, holy crap. Iji was released in 2008?!? :affraid: I played it so thoroughly last, oh, I dunno, February? I thought it was older than that.

Thread opinion second'd. This really is an awesome game. I'm actually on the last stage of a ~7 kills Pacifist run after a normal, murderous playthrough, and its all fantastic. (Still neglected to save Dan, though. :nowai:)

Moved to Misc. Hacks, Fangames and Mods.

Silver Skree

Quote from: Zhs2 on May 15, 2009, 02:56:26 PMMoved to Misc. Hacks, Fangames and Mods.
It doesn't really fit either of those three, that's why I put it here... I think we should just have a non-metroid Games subforum, but whatever.

Zhs2

Bleh. You know what, you're right. I'll move it back.

devonodev

Downloading now.
It looks really good.  So hopefully it's as good as it looks.  :^_^:

EDIT: It is even better than it looks

GF_Kennon

Going to play this at the beach later, downloading now, Zhs2 has been going on about this for a while, so it must be good :D

Big Gay Cell

Zhs2

Oh, my. I didn't realize the author put up another bugfix 7 days ago! Man, if you all didn't create this topic, I'd still be playing 1.3! :grin: (For those of you who have older versions, I recommend jumping to 1.4.)

Wonder what the author fixed this time? :icon_pale:

Lunaria

It's so good. If you haven't played it, GO DO SO NOW!

Wingard

RealRed

I guess I should too <_< >_>

Silver Skree

Quote from: Bloodsonic on May 21, 2009, 04:51:19 PM
I guess I should too <_< >_>
YYYYYEESSSS

Also, heavy spoilers here. Do not watch unless you've beaten the game at least once.
[spoiler]
Yes, this IS me playing. You have to turn your sound up a bit for it though.

[/spoiler]

Aile

I like killing enemies by making explosions look like accidents. Getting hit by a blast at point blank can make you kill the opponent without actually having it count against you.

Manipulation rocks.

Silver Skree

yay for pacifist runs.

Zhs2

Another great tip is to bounce turrets into people for extra damage. There's a timer that tracks how long after you've kicked the thing off of the stand before it counts as a kill (which is something less than 5 seconds, I forget.) I've used it nuuuumerous times.

Man, I can't believe my computer w/ save went kaput. I so want to play it again. :icon_sad:

Silver Skree

I'm glad it caught on  :lol:

Daniel Remar would be proud!

Lunaria

Quote from: Silver Skree on June 20, 2009, 02:29:26 PM
I'm glad it caught on  :lol:

Daniel Remar would be proud!
Swedish people FTW! :D
* Crys is shot, stabed and trampled on.

zephyrtronium

Crys just livestreamed this so now I have to get 300+ kills 0 damage 100 +/- hard mode. Or maybe just the game.

Lunaria

I just posted an on-demand of my run on my blog if you want to see.
I have to warn you though... it will take at least 2 hours from this post till the video will show up.

zephyrtronium

Started this morning, finished a few minutes ago. I didn't quite reach my goal...
[spoiler=end stats]
My time is really high since I explored everything I could, and yet I still managed to not find the Banana Gun or Asha, as well as seven of the posters. :/[/spoiler]

Edit:
Quote from: Silver Skree on May 15, 2009, 01:31:11 PMTry going for a 0-kill Pacifist run your second time around.
[spoiler=consider instructions followed]
Massacre is a fun gun.[/spoiler]

Silver Skree

Now, everyone, try getting the Null Driver. This is your final challenge.

Wingard

I just did a pacifist run on hard mode, was pretty fun.

What's the Null Driver?

RealRed