News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Temporus [beta release]

Started by begrimed, July 17, 2009, 08:53:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

begrimed

Mini hack trailer

Expect it.

The official name of the mini hack will be revealed when it is 100% finished and released. I only have a couple rooms left to make, some graphical touch-ups and some small tweaks by Jathys. This is the same mini that was supposed to be released on my birthday (July 14th), but, well, it grew a bit larger than I expected and I'm putting all of my effort into making it one of the most aesthetically pleasing hacks to date. Hope I succeed.

Edit: Oh, hey. Guess I should note that I've released this. Just needs some small bugfixes later.

Download the UNheadered patch

View readme file for more info on the hack

Lunaria

*cough*wehaveanscreenshot/videotopic*cough*

Looks cool with what you can do with the speed booster.
I guess I iwll play it live once it's out.

zephyrtronium

Quote from: Grime on July 17, 2009, 08:53:13 AMit grew a bit larger than I expected and I'm putting all of my effort into making it one of the most aesthetically pleasing hacks to date.
This sounds familiar... Have you been taking notes from DMan?

Lunaria

Yeah the GFX looks kinda the same too, DAMN! Next time you will tell us it have almost the same story too!  :lol:

begrimed

Must be a side-effect of progressing quickly and having big ideas. I stand by it. I'm also aware of the screenshots/video thread, but this will be the release thread for it too. Nyah.

personitis

Saw it just before I came here. Looks good and lookin forward to it.

RealRed

HOLY FUCKING SHIT THAT FIRST PIC

FUCKING EPIC

what happened to the "just 2 pictures" thing? ;)

begrimed

There are just two pictures. ;]

devonodev

Grime, you annoy me.
Your hack looks so good.  The level design, the graphics, and everything else all look great.
The problem is though, that I can't compete with this.
I'm sorry, but your hacking skills are just too good.  :^_^:

begrimed

TICKS

Just thought I'd leave this here. Samus has always needed to battle some giant ticks.

RealRed

Huh. They're even as invincible as ticks.

What was up with the strength of that rinka, anyway? That was insane, 8 missiles just to kill one?

begrimed

Bump.

See first post in this topic for the patch download.

Hint: If you find the enemies difficult, bombs make a great weapon. ;]

Lunaria

I wish I was told that ingame back when I played this... rather then having to complain to you at IRC. :/

Xaggoth

0:43, 32%.  There's a spot where it still says planet zebes when you start, I noticed kraids room had a small graphical glitch with jumbled tiles when I backtracked through it once, and moving sideways while morphed gave a pretty silly speed boost using the spring ball. 

[spoiler]I was confused by the small heated section, I wasn't sure I was supposed to go in there until i ran through the rest of the world again.  Even so I still took the wrong direction once and ended up dead, which was lame.  At the end I went up instead of right first, but luckily had a state close by.  I think I only fought kraid and phantoon, and was missing main items like plasma and x-ray, but I think that was it.  [/spoiler]

Pretty sweet minihack, though I dislike this kind of item collection.  In such a dark setting seeing where passages or graphical hints are is difficult.  I spent a lot of time firing wave beam at walls to look for items.   I generally felt pretty pressed for energy, but to be fair I barely ever stopped to farm some energy.  I liked the soalien tileset for the most part and the enemies palettes and sprites were awesome.  I felt like there weren't enough interesting tricks, but maybe that was from a lack of exploration.

Altzan

I'm still trying to figure out where to go next  :O_o:

begrimed

Xaggoth:
Yeah, the Kraid room bug is explained in the readme, along with a few others. I agree about there not being many tricks - I put more emphasis on looking for secrets than trying to think of gimmicks. No doubt the hack is kind of confusing in some parts, but only being 7 rooms large makes it pretty easy to common denominate. Like realizing that the very short heated run is unavoiable; same with the small bit of gravityless underwater. Far from a perfect hack, even once the bug fixes are done.

Altzan: Where are you stuck?

For anybody else: If you've had your fill or want to spoil yourself, there's always THIS. It shows where every item in the game is and how to beat it, lolol.

Altzan

I'm not stuck per se, I just can' figure out where to go next, heh.
I'll either find it or use that video.

BTW, I have loved what I've seen so far. Great graphics, creative enemies and awesome level design. Good job!

SirAileron

Huh, I can't seem to charge the speed booster in ball form the way you do in the vid. Is there some kind of trick to that?

Oh, and my energy icons look different. >_>

Parabox

SirAileron: Tried holding the run button during rolling?

DonnyDonovan

This game isn't really hard per-se, but man do those spark enemies (I'm not sure what they're called) do a LOT of damage.  Is there a best way to neutralize them besides just running away?  I want to explore that room carefully (bomb everywhere, wave beam everywhre, etc.), but, I keep getting harassed by those things to the point where I have to leave, refill and return.

begrimed

SirAileron: Sounds like you have an outdated version of the patch that I posted awhile ago? You should be able to enter speed booster while in ball form by just holding the run button, after collecting the item of course.

DonnyDonovan: Glad that room is serving its purpose somewhat, haha. Yeah, I actually meant to knock down the damage that the sparking BANG does, but forgot to. That butthole enemy's main purpose is to make you wanna stay the hell out of that room.

[spoiler]There's only one item in that room (X-ray Visor), and you'll need power bombs to collect it.[/spoiler]

DonnyDonovan

Holding the run button while rolling is doing nothing in my game either.  I downloaded the patch in the first post yesterday.

Thanks for the info on that room.  I didn't think there was anything else in there but what you said in the spoiler. 

gunnargumpert

awsome level design! and a lot of new physics.

well, but just a minihack. doesn`t matter: mark A+!!

SirAileron

Quote from: Grime on April 20, 2010, 11:09:07 AM
SirAileron: Sounds like you have an outdated version of the patch that I posted awhile ago? You should be able to enter speed booster while in ball form by just holding the run button, after collecting the item of course.

Is it? I just got it yesterday from your post up top. That's mostly why I'm confused. o_O

Altzan

Just watched the video and no wonder I can't find items...
[spoiler]You hidden most of them in the blasted walls  :whoa:[/spoiler]

I also noted how you have a much better handle on the controls than I do... I haven't killed Kraid in 5 seconds before.