News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

[SM] Redesign?

Started by snipereighteen, February 21, 2011, 04:23:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

snipereighteen

Ok now, i've tried both H and UH of sm redesign and patched them on to a rom. But they never seem to work?!

Lunaria

Did you try rubbing magnets over your hard driver? :?

Anyhow, make sure you're using a (JU) or (UJ) ROM dump rather then a (E), other then that it should work just fine! :O

FullOfFail

Quote from: Crys on February 21, 2011, 05:03:12 PM
Did you try rubbing magnets over your hard driver? :?

I tried to do that before, but I couldn't figure out how the magnets work. I ain't no scientist.

GF_Kennon

I believe he might also be having a problem with an emulator, iirc redesign does not work on ZSNES, my copy didn't, I had to play it on snes9x

Katelyn

Meh, It works on my ZSNES, so I wouldn't think that would be causing it.  snes9x never works on hacks for me. :\

snarfblam

Quote from: Shadox on February 21, 2011, 05:41:30 PM
Meh, It works on my ZSNES, so I wouldn't think that would be causing it.  snes9x never works on hacks for me. :\
The newest version (1.52) of snes9x wont work (at least on my comp) for most Super Metroid hacks. snes9x 1.51 and ZSNES both seem to work fine, but I haven't tried ZSNES with redesign.

Zknight7126

I have a program titled Lunar IPS, that should patch the IPS file, but back-up your ROM, I was lucky and chose right with using an unheadered patch. Anyways hope that helps.

Zhs2

Quote from: Zknight7126Wow, this forum has great mods.
Wow, you make a lot of useless posts. Quit that.

Quote from: snipereighteenOk now, i've tried both H and UH of sm redesign and patched them on to a rom. But they never seem to work?!
I don't know what all of the fuss is about emulators and shizz... I've gotten it to run successfully on both SNES9X and ZSNES no problem, both with the unheadered patch. Either way, it sounds like you're doing it wrong. Have you made sure your rom is completely clean? You didn't try to patch both headered and unheadered patches to the same ROM, did you...?

Scyzer

I don't even understand how emulators play some hacks but not others. Every single emulator I've ever used has had no problem playing any hack. Most of the time I use either Snes9XRR or Geiger's S9X, but I've tried ZSNES and other versions of Snes9X.

Anyway, the SMR site tells you whether you download a H or UH patch....

JAM

Quote from: Sadiztyk Fish on February 22, 2011, 03:11:18 AM
I don't even understand how emulators play some hacks but not others. Every single emulator I've ever used has had no problem playing any hack. Most of the time I use either Snes9XRR or Geiger's S9X, but I've tried ZSNES and other versions of Snes9X.
Actually, it happens sometimes if some things are done wrong. For example, ZSNES can't execute old hack names SFI (Search For Items), room leading to Kraid's lair because of Rinka. One of them is haveing Special GFX instead of normal one. SNES9X works normally there.

Quietus

I always use ZSNES unless I'm recording something, so Redesign works fine.  You need to get the (JU) [!] version of the ROM.  It'll be 3,072 unheadered, or 3,073 headered.  You shouldn't even need to patch the ROM, just have it in the same folder, with the same name as the .smc.

snipereighteen

So basicly i need a JU version instead of a E version.
Ima gonna try this shiz!

zephyrtronium

Quote from: Sadiztyk Fish on February 22, 2011, 03:11:18 AMI don't even understand how emulators play some hacks but not others.
My understanding is that emulators are generally programmed with game-specific hacks to improve performance, so if something is changed that conflicts with such a hack and the emulator still tries to use it, problems will arise. The only emulator of which I am aware that has no such things is bsnes.

snipereighteen

Wait a sec, it worked! Somehow...

Scyzer

Quote from: snipereighteen on February 22, 2011, 07:42:55 AM
So basicly i need a JU version instead of a E version.
Ima gonna try this shiz!

How about you try it first, then get results before you post, instead of saying "I will do that"?

I realise this post is also useless, but I merely have to say "Hello everyone", and it surpasses the majority of yours...

begrimed

Jesus Christ, finally. Now maybe this topic will stop announcing itself on IRC and making my life miserable.

Zhs2

Sorry Grime! Gonna have to ruin your day a bit more.

Quote from: SadiztykFishHow about you try it first, then get results before you post, instead of saying "I will do that"?
I could swear that I've told someone this before at least two days ago. Maybe we should make it a rule.