News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Super Metroid Flood WIP

Started by snipereighteen, February 19, 2011, 06:47:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

snipereighteen

A Project for those metroid fans out there  :grin: Basicly zebes is flooded!

_snipereighteen___

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Zhs2

super suitless underwater

you're pro

begrimed

Looks good so far, although I'd suggest looking into using more FX1 palette blends for water (similar to what Maridia uses) and come up with a bunch of good looking water effects that don't make it annoying to see what's going on. Blue water sucks. Some more things to consider are looking at the hex page and adjusting the gravity suitless underwater physics so the game isn't so sloooooow. Also, this, from Black Falcon:

Go to 51080. You'll see that there's a bunch of 4E 0C 4E 0C ... Change every 0C to 38 between 51080 and 510BF. What this does is remove the ugly line that appears above the surface of water when you use certain FX1 palette blends, letting you vary the appearence of water more. And to wank myself a little, I also made two patches that alter the water graphics which can be found on the patches page on the main site.

snipereighteen

Thanx for the pallete blend trick, i hate that bastard line of doom :D

EDIT:

NOOO! that adress is wrong! i found out it was nothing like those numbers/letters!
The proper one is 50840, it shows you lots of 4E 0C's up to 5087F  :grin:

interdpth

Hey, bro.

Protip.

There's a modify button.

DON'T DOUBLE FUCKING POST.

This isn't your mother.

personitis

First two pics are pretty good though everything could use some more detail. I like it though so far. Kep up the work. :)

Black Falcon

Quote from: snipereighteen on February 20, 2011, 07:12:13 AM
YESSSS! that adress for water is right! i found out it was everything like those numbers/letters!
The one for acid is 50840, it also shows you lots of 4E 0C's up to 5087F
Fix'd.  :heheh:
Problem: Either you messed up the water's gfx table somehow or you simply jumped to the wrong location.

Nuju

The tiles of the first two screens really give a submerged-cave (whatever) type feel.  Great job there!  I really like how realistic they look (much more so than the original, in my opinion!).

I noticed that the last pic of the "blue base" (what are you calling it?  I got "xxxxrch xxxs" from the map, research something?), the one with the save station, it has a corner.  Like, a corner that sticks out into the air (?).  Is it like a floating... thing?  Or is it poking onto dirt (an underground/flooded base) and I'm just fantasizing the rest?  Or maybe I should just shut up and stop trying to spoil your plans by guessing at them.

And is that...  Mother Brain???  AWESOME!!!

I have to say, this hack is looking very fun and original.  Hope it gets done soon :)

snipereighteen

Ive been modifing the water a bit, around samus' ship theres blue water but when you get lower the water gets darker :D lol, Ive also added this really cool healing pool, used that darkworld asm.

snipereighteen

Some more screenshots, does anyone thing the save stand is good or needs to be improved. I aint sure? Ive also improve the plasma beam, supposed to look like the metroid fusion wave beam.

Draconis Kenjishiya

Awwwww damn now I feel largely unoriginal -.-;

Well. *ahem* Looks awesome! You really have the "underwater cave" thing down, it looks really good. I've always liked the look of Super Metroid's graphics underwater. As for the save station, I do like it. *shrug* Is a save station.

Lunaria

This kinda reminds me of norfair/maridia and cider. :p

And possibly wet dreams, but let's stay away from that one.

Zhs2

Holy fuck at that enemy in the fourth screenshot; that's a pretty badass resprite. I had a huge flashback to Sonic 3's Hydropolis Zone due to the arrangement of the room, too. Miniboss!

Lunaria

it looks like a resprite of those spiting fishes in the falling sand rooms in maridia zeke... <_<

Zhs2

Oh, I knew what it was. I was commenting instead on the graphical skill of the resprite's author...

Also, while I'm posting here again, the rocks of the foreground layers of the second, third, and fourth shots are nice, but about the only variation in the landscape between that tileset and the vanilla one in the first and fifth shots. I realize that the vanilla tileset I'm talking about seems as bland with only the repeating pattern, but IMO there could be much more to look at in the ground than just rocks, if you know what I mean.

snipereighteen

all this is only crateria. on the map, the regoins are labeled. its pretty cool as my opinion.

oh an yeh, the gfx set 1. i didnt know what to do with it (graphic wise), so i just made it basic and un flooded because thats the high ground.

pomtt

:lol: hi sniper your hack looks awesome love that healing pool. hay what you could do is make a rubbish pile thing that when you go in it it regenerates your missiles super missiles and powerbombs.

snipereighteen

could work, if your inside some federation station type thing. you would not find a random pile of shiz in the middle of the ocean :D but still a good idea i suppose

pomtt

Quote from: snipereighteen on March 20, 2011, 10:11:21 AM
could work, if your inside some federation station type thing. you would not find a random pile of shiz in the middle of the ocean :D but still a good idea i suppose

yeah you could do that in the research labs

snipereighteen

NOTICE FOR EVERYONE, THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT!
Ok! First of all, my laptop (which i was working on my hacks project on) has reached maximum disk space... i woke up next morning, turned on my laptop and... AARGH!!!!! NO WAY!! the black screen of doom, my laptop did not load at all!!! So im using another laptop for the internet, through my loss of all my shiz nd whatnot, ive been like "No way, i cant beleive it" and all that. NOOOO! So ive lost this hack and some of my other projects. I have to find a way to fix my laptop! I have lots of different hacks and projects on an expansion drive. I did not back my flood hack and the others so. I possibly might have metroid flood somewhere, my bro might have it. Sorry everyone! IM REALLY SORRY!

MetroidMst

This is why you always email yourself your latest patch, so you have a recent backup kept safely stored. Hope you get things fixed, but next time remember that backups are a hackers best friend.

snipereighteen

AAH, Why does everything go crazy for me!
But still, i'll do what it takes to get my shiz back.

Cadarot

Puppy is your friend.
Recover files from Windows 7 hard disk using Puppy Linux

Hit me up if you want some help fixing your laptop.

snipereighteen

Windows 7?  :<_<: why does mine have to be XP  :cry:

Zhs2

I lol'd. It would work with literally any operating system...