News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

LOL <-- you have gotta see this!

Started by Scyzer, July 07, 2009, 02:04:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scyzer

This isn't really what I would call a game hack, it's just a one room change to show off something I did. The LS is still the same, but if you go to the left, you'll find a nice surprise :grin:

Download is unheadered. You are also free to use this in your own hacks, if you can find a suitable use for it :icon_surprised:

GF_Kennon

what the.....LOL  :lol!: holy hell, new music in SM, jeeeeeeez, Sadiztyk, you are just getting better all the time, i dont know how in the hell you did this but it is bloody amazing, i may find use for it in a mini hack, but that can wait till latter.

you did a damn good job with this too. well done.

personitis

OMG No way... I litereally LOLed when that music popped up. Completly unexpected/10. :D

When SMILE enables plug-ins, I definatly want to see music editing one.

Bioniclegenius

I LOVE IT! You have got to tell us - how'd you get new music in there? Just ASM or something?

Jathys

Quote from: Bioniclegenius on July 13, 2009, 10:26:35 PM
I LOVE IT! You have got to tell us - how'd you get new music in there? Just ASM or something?
He studied up on Kejardon's notes on music and figured out what to do . . . Quite confusing at first, but not quite as bad as one might think.

Still though, having figured it out and forgotten it twice already (you don't use it, you lose it), I just have to say that I'm very impressed by this.  A lot more complex melody than I had last time I was working with the data.  And the room... It's must have a place in a full hack... Perhaps a boss that's so twisted with evil that it has gone crazy.

personitis

Can I get a quick link to this said guide Jathys?

personitis

GF_Kennon

Scyzer

It actually isn't that hard to put new music in :razz:. When I first downloaded the RamMap, I was like "WTF". But I read though the whole thing several times, following the data in a hew editor around where the music is to find all the bytes. I started changing a few things around, and 4-5 hours later, I had that new song in the game.

Now I use ASM for it, and it's much easier to understand rather than using a hex editor though.

personitis

Quote from: Sadiztyk Fish on July 22, 2009, 07:25:38 AMNow I use ASM for it, and it's much easier to understand rather than using a hex editor though.
Um, confused! Isn't ASM done through a hex editor? o.o?

Zhs2

Nope. If you have a compiler, you can compile text files full of ASM code into subsequent hex values! Much more organized than a bunch of machine code, as you can put comments into an ASM file and know exactly what the hell you were thinking all those many months ago when you look at it again in a couple years. :>

RealRed

Yeah; This is kickass.
Sadistyk needs to import cooler music into his hack now! \:D

Also yes. You never want to make an ASM hack out of pure machine code, otherwise fixing any possible problems will be hell.
Assemblers let you actually look at your code so you're not seeing a bunch of
AE 18 E3 C4 E8 1A 4F FF 80
and you're like FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

personitis

Well, that sounds convinent. Since I'm in chat atm... =D

Scyzer

Aside from creating music for Impulsion and someone else which I won't disclose because they may not wish me to, I also wrote a another theme, which you should all know.

It's actually the Super Mario Theme :D. I asked Squishy if he'd like to use it for RC, but he hasn't gotten back to me yet (why not Squishy!? I be sadfaced :( <--see?)

Anyway, the patch is unheadered as always.

squishy_ichigo

Well, I was expecting you to be on IRC so I could tell you yes, but I haven't seen you since you PM'd me! XD

Oh course I want to use it! I'm downloading it as we speak!
If yo could do anyother ones to, I'd love you even more!
^_^ ~♫

edit: LOL! Thats some silly mooosic.