News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Joplin Missouri Tornado.

Started by Kasel, May 24, 2011, 02:51:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kasel

Joplin Missouri.  Sunday, May 22 2011.

An F5 Multi-vortex tornado ripped through the southern end of the city, leaving a path of destruction it's wake.  So far the death toll has reached 184 confirmed and rising. 

Me and my family and friends are all ok except for one good buddy of mine who lost his life when his house was leveled.  Just figured I would let all of you know what was up and that I'm ok.  (I live in Joplin).

zephyrtronium

Kasel

Your condolences to the folks that were devastated by the storm is all I require.  I spent most of my day yesterday helping clear debri and search for survivors.  I actually helped pull two bodies from the wreckage.  It's really bad.

ProjectXVIII

I know Shadox lives in Missouri, I wonder if he lives in Joplin...

Kasel

He lives near Saint Louis  in the north eastern part of the state.  As far as I know, they are alright up there.  It was Joplin that got it the worst.

X-tradyte

Dayum, Thats something in the recent news that I've not heard 'til now. That thing probably scared the living shit out of you. Maybe if you grow up to be a writer, you could make it a book :D
sure, it might not be long, but I'm sure stuff happened before, and after it!

Sorry if I'm off topic, but I'll let you all continue. I hope you do get nightmare of it.

Kasel

I made it out of there safely.  I was at work in the next town over when it hit but we were all taking cover there as well.

Borderjumper67

QuoteI actually helped pull two bodies from the wreckage.  It's really bad.
.....I would have went insane to do that....I don't think I can take doing that.

Quietus

I wish you, your family, and those you know, the best.  Keep safe.

Crashtour99

Pretty much all those storms that popped up were really nasty.  In my area (Topeka Kansas) we had some tornadoes touch down near by (none were that big) and they followed behind a lot of softball sized hail.  A lot of places got beat to shit and torn to shreds. 

That said, I know some folks who are gathering supplies (food, water, etc.) and are gonna drive down to Joplin and help out as best they can.  With as much as a third of the town gone they need as much help as they can get.

Zhs2

Damn, this sucks. Glad to hear you and your fam are alright, though.

X-tradyte

Quote from: Crashtour99 on May 24, 2011, 04:21:15 PM
Pretty much all those storms that popped up were really nasty.  In my area (Topeka Kansas) we had some tornadoes touch down near by (none were that big) and they followed behind a lot of softball sized hail.  A lot of places got beat to shit and torn to shreds.  

That said, I know some folks who are gathering supplies (food, water, etc.) and are gonna drive down to Joplin and help out as best they can.  With as much as a third of the town gone they need as much help as they can get.

Wow, I'm lucky, it seems tornadoes only touch in the US, Texas, Missouri, Kansas, and all those places, I've never in my life, seen a tornado, i'm more likely to get hit by a hurricane and tsunami, before a tornado.

anyways the main thing, you're safe and we wish the best, that you recover from the losses of anyone that you loved that might of died.

squishy_ichigo

Speaking of which, Tornado sirens are going off right now for me....

Kasel

Same here.  We were supposed to get some more crazy shit but now it's just wind.  We got lucky as frak, man.

Anyways, I appreciate all of your concern. ^.^

X-tradyte

DUDE! HOLY SHIT! I just watched the news, and it mentioned the tornado that hit you. Jesus christ that thing looks huge!

I really feel bad.  :cry:
The upside though, I saw a sexy woman there though. :huzzah:

Kasel

Yeah.  A large portion of the city was wiped off the map.  I'm supposed to be going back up there today to help search for survivors again.

Charmander106

I sorry what happened to your good buddy, but I am glad that you and your family is safe. I am deeply sorry for the people who did lost a loved one during that huge storm.