News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Room of the Week 2011 - Archives

Started by Phazar, January 02, 2011, 09:01:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Parabox

I always find it a shame, but it's probably inevitable, whenever you can see a room is the edited alnding zone.

Qactis

Quote from: Parabox on August 21, 2011, 01:37:30 AM
I always find it a shame, but it's probably inevitable, whenever you can see a room is the edited alnding zone.

Charmander106

Posting here to save a spot for rotw this week till my room is complete.....

Katelyn

Quote from: Webber1900 on August 21, 2011, 09:43:17 PM
Posting here to save a spot for rotw this week till my room is complete.....

Running low on time, aren't you?

personitis

Squishy, by far. He took every rocky tile in the game and threw it all beautifully into a tileset. The overall winning factor is how much detail that gave the room. Good ****.

JamieWebb16

Silver: Could add more in the middle other than nothing...unless there's a important reason why it's plain.

Project18: a decent/awesome room, that's all I have to say about it.

Squish: Fantastic room as well, I can't wait until your finally done redoing pantheon!  :grin:

silverpaw84

Quote from: JamieWebb16 on August 22, 2011, 06:35:18 AM
Silver: Could add more in the middle other than nothing...unless there's a important reason why it's plain.

Yes, actually. The L2B feature didnt (doesnt?) show enemies, but there are three trippers (platform rippers) there, allowing access to the right ledge upon obtaining hi-jump. The concept for this room was a river-valley between two mountain ranges, and at the bottom is a power generator, with an e-tank inside

Parabox

silverpaw84: You're really one of the guys that comes to the scene after they already know and have done a thing or two, and I really like that about you. Wish a couple of newcomers would take an example from you. The room concept's pretty well laid out, and I'm sure it'll work out just right in-game.

Project: That is a sweet tileset you got going one there. Bet it took a lot of work, as per the small/transition room. I would really like to see this given some love.

squishy: I'm really glad you started hacking again, because your stuff's pretty damn awesome. Over the last couple weeks you been stealing votes from me like no one's business, and this week's just the same.

FullOfFail

silverpaw84: I like the hanging lights on the bridge. The only thing this room is missing is the rock aesthetics. Like, see how squishy use the multiple shades in the rocks? It adds to that certain, err, unpredictable element that nature has. Small details like that make all the difference in these contests.

Project: Nice layout, but it's missing something. Switch the background up a little. The FG is very natural and random, while the BG just seems too.. consistent.

Squishy: You have my vote. I won't bother explaining why, you should already know my views on the matter.

silverpaw84

Quote from: FullOfFail on August 26, 2011, 03:07:56 PM
silverpaw84: I like the hanging lights on the bridge.
:blush: They are supposed to be MP-style grapple points

Charmander106

Okay, so I have another collaboration submission, this time with Dark Samus and myself... anyways...

This is a collab room between me and dark samus. Enjoy:
[spoiler][/spoiler]

I will give credit to Dark Samus for room layout while I will be credited for level design...

I have also supplied an IPS Patch so you guys can experience this room, in-game, also added enemies for your pleasure....
I have also have hidden a secret that I want you guys to try and find without cheating....

So enjoy it.... also patch is for unheadered roms...

Quietus

Um, Webber wins this week. :whoa:

Anybody brave enough? :heheh:

silverpaw84

Quote from: Quietus on August 27, 2011, 11:52:18 AM
Um, Webber wins this week. :whoa:

Anybody brave enough? :heheh:

:pale: Hell no.  :cry: I won't waste my time. My room could have won last weeks, but this weeks is... Heaven...
MetConst, Y U no have drool Icon???

BTW, if I submit a room, can I still vote (for someone other than me of course, to be fair). Last week I would have voted Squishy

Zhs2

Well, you could even vote for yourself - it's the people's vote that matters more than any individual's alone. Every vote counts, and if you want to vote for somebody, whether you submitted a room or not, go right ahead!

silverpaw84

OK, I just wanted to be sure I wouldn't get in trouble for voting, even though it's for someone else. If I feel like my room is the best, I just won't vote that week, as it doesn't seem fair for everybody to vote for themselves

A_red_monk_called_Key

i ran out of memory in this bank. this room took 23 hours of work
[spoiler][/spoiler]

silverpaw84

Red-M0nk3y:

Scrolling right, I almost expected to see Princess Zelda lying there in an altar  :lol:

The new gfx looks great, but the stonework is kinda bright for such a dark room. It clashes just a tad. I'm loving the BG

personitis

Webber: Deeeeeetaaaaaaail... :3
Redmonkey: Fresh graphics. Fresh, clean, juicy graphics.

I like the detail more though.

Quietus

Webber for me.  It's rare to see tiles used so well.  What's odd is that all of us are perfectly capable of creating this room, as in using the two layers to create the false depth, but actually pulling it off seems harder than you'd think.  The fact that it uses the original tiles makes it even more impressive.

personitis

I think, people need to speak their mind more about their choices here. :]

Katelyn

I don't know why, but when graphics look too good, I turn away from them. I'm doing this exact thing with RedMonkey's room. The graphics are nice. Too nice, and I just can't get around it. I'm voting Dark_Webber's room also because
Detail!

silverpaw84

OK... It seems there is either nobody posting their rooms, or the voting has been extended. Normally the thread gets reset. Either way, here is my room[spoiler]I pasted the enemies in since SMILE wont show em[/spoiler]

Katelyn

Scyzer

[spoiler=Yes. I went there.]

[/spoiler]

Katelyn

Oh man, can't beat that room.
Sadi instantly wins.
gg
no re