News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Room of the Week 2011 - Archives

Started by Phazar, January 02, 2011, 09:01:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

X-tradyte

Glad to make my appearance back at RotW, I've been down since Apr. 19th, and got my internet back a week ago. Without further ado, My RotW Room :):[spoiler=Landing Site for RotW][/spoiler]

Btw, BG may look horrible, but plays excellently in-game.

Quietus

Not a bad room.  You've clearly improved.  My only real gripe with it would be the tube parts, as the darker colours look clearly visible on the lighter ones, and not too well blended.

Digital_Mantra

Great foundation for a room. Now add more detail  :grin:

X-tradyte

Why thank you guys for the nice comments, as you can see this is the very first room in the hack.

EDIT: I guess I win by default? Or did the entering time end/voting start?

FullOfFail

This isn't a room I'm particularly proud of, I'm just entering it to get the contest moving along.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

begrimed

X-tradyte

Damnit, Grime and your Classic Zelda tiles!
Well, this is what I say, not to be selfish or anything.
[spoiler]DarkSamus: I felt like I tried my best on the ship landing scroll, and after that, it just forgot to me that I had flower-like tiles, and that's saying that could've made this room better.

FullofFail: Your room is good, for a small room. I noticed a few things though. a few tiles look out-of place. Like when you go straight on the floor and drop in the middile, the tile there looks odd. Your BG, it looks kinda bland. I'm sure if you did your best you could make good use of that BG.

Webber1900: Good job. You made full use of the tileset, as far as I can see. The shadow pipes, and foreground pipes looks amazing. Also, the way you used the tiles and Shadow tiles. Just sensational.

AND THEN THERE IS,

Grime: Frak, Y'know, I have nothing to say about this room.[/spoiler]

Well, It's a close call between Webber, me, and Grime. But...my heart is going for....eh, I guess....Webber.

FullOfFail

I'm not going to full reviews this week, but Grime gets my vote. What's up the with spikes at the bottom though? lol, that just looks cruel. Looking forward to playing it :D

Kasel

Grime got mine.  Thumbs up, brotha.

X-tradyte

[spoiler][/spoiler]

I'm back. Don't be thinkin' that I'm givin' up. I'll keep comin back, showin good stufff/as good stuff, as I can that'll be in Apocalypse. I hope you people like it. I added detail to this room, and this is the final of this room.

Also don't worry, there are power beam pirates in there. So I have enemies :)

Parabox

Holy balls that purple column is ugly. You also might wanna change the middle of the statue around, it has potential. Definitely change the color of it, too. But do something about the pillar, bro.

X-tradyte

Okayy, Thanks. I'll do that. I just didn't know what'd go better. I'll try Dark blue. I'll exchange the picture in a moment....I hope...

Acheron

[spoiler][/spoiler]

In retrospect I would have planned around DMantra-style graphics and enhancements when I made these tilesets and pointed these rooms. At this point it's just too massive a hack to go back and do all that, though. Lessons for next time, I guess.

GF_Kennon

Well, I figured I could enter something...
Probably cant compete with Acheron though.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

begrimed

Zhs2

I like how DarkSamus removed the goatse. :colonrightv:

They're all so fucking good this week, man. Why does it have to be so hard to decide  :FURY:

Qactis

James' room is so dank I'm full of questions right now

Lunaria

DS: The room is quite nice... EXCEPT that blue thing that stretches over the whole room. Find a way to make it fit in better or replace it with something else. It really sticks out right now and ruins the mood of an otherwise great room.

Acheron: HOLY CRAP WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN?! Oh yeah, the room is nice from a gameplay standpoint, and while the graphics do look nice, the room does not really have to offer for eye candy. The room in the lower left corner is simply way too plain.

James: Looks sweet and plays sweet. My only suggestions is that you draw specific grappling blocks for this area that better blends in with the roof. The CRE palette is perfect for the spike since they need to be visible, but it's better if the grappling blocks blend in more.

Grime: Room looks fine, nothing specifically wrong with it. I sorta just got a bit tired of seeing the same thing from you all the time. By no means is this bad for the hack in general, I sorta fell vexed for voting for it.

My vote this time goes to: ยด:3

FullOfFail

Gotta go with GF here. That tileset is just really detailed, and sexy.

Quietus

I usually try and look at a room from a playability viewpoint as well as graphics, but GF_Kennon's tiles are just too sexy.  Great work.  I'm sure you were planning to look at them anyway, but just in case: I second Crys's suggestion for the Grapple Beam blocks.

X-tradyte

Why was I put up against Acheron, grime, AND James!!!!!? Well then...first off....
Quote from: Crys on June 06, 2011, 08:30:26 AM
Acheron: HOLY CRAP WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN?!
...Yeah dude, really....Long time no see, glad you are back. It's been Aegis since we've(metconst) seen you.how ya been?

Anyways, your room, I love it, I think you could work a bit of stuff, I like the cartoonyness of it. Btw, good job with the Crocomire room tiles. Think I could get that slope off You for use in Croc's room? Overall: 3/4

James:  :affraid: 2/4

Grime: You can do better than this. That continuous use of red platforms just turns me off :( sorry brah, 4/4

I give myself the vote, cause I'll need it....

EDIT: Zeke: What Goatse? and thank you....

Qactis

FullOfFail

DarkSamus, why would you even bother voting for yourself when you're not going to win anyway? After the week is over, the votes aren't even kept, just the winning room. Meaning, it's futile.

Kasel

I was too late to enter a room.  I wanna to go head to head with Grime and Kennon.  I think I had a nice one.