News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Members List Count

Started by Quietus, February 18, 2011, 03:24:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quietus

Just out of curiosity, is there something going on with the member count that I'm not seeing?

The reason I ask is that the actual members list reads 382 (at the time of posting this), yet on the stats page under New Members it lists hundreds each month for the last handful of months, and over 600 for last month alone. :O_o:

Zhs2

It only lists the number of members who have been either auto-approved by the forum (not marked as a spammer) or anyone approved manually by staff who were first marked as spammers by our auto-catch plugin (JAM is one of those people, iirc.) Said plugin reports that it has blocked at least 2516 spambots to date, so those numbers on the statistics page are not far off of the mark at all.

Quietus

So, the members list total is correct, and all of the other 'signups' are just rejected spammers (as well as the legit ones)?

Zhs2

Yes. I think the legit ones do count since they have technically been approved and allowed to post.