News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Hacks with enormous maps, big like Redesign?

Started by metroidlover22, March 03, 2018, 06:46:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

metroidlover22

Hey everyone!

I've played these following Metroid hacks (in order)
1. Redesign
2. Hyper Metroid
3. Z-Factor
4. Eris

I'm looking for other hacks that have mind numbingly and overwhelmingly enormous sized worlds/maps like Redesign.

What are some of the other massive hacks out there? Any advice would be greatly appreciated, and thank m you in advanced!  :yay:

(P.S. I'm not ooking for only Super Metroid hacks, fusion, or Zero Mission etc. hacks are awesome too!)

Quote58

Definitely give Phazon hack 0.4 and Super zero mission a try!

Aran;Jaeger

Here's my exhausting overview of all SM hacks (at least up to summer of 2017) together with my ratings of them:
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/370769325851803648/419651779794567178/List_of_all_existing_rated_SM_hacks.txt
Among them, the larger hacks would be:
Foremost there would be SM. Mission Rescue, but I can't really recommend it. Other large hack suggestions:
SM. Lost World
SM. Escape 2
SM. Redesign Axeil version
SM. New Wet Dream

PHOSPHOTiDYL

Hydellius is very large in size, has a decent "gate" system & some interesting gfx, just gotta get over the change in physics.

Cpt.Glitch

Spooky Mission is the largest ZM hack as of right now. As for fusion, 2k2k and other Chinese hacks exist. They can all be found on this forum in their respective subforuns. Spooky mission can also be found on the main site.

Jiffy

Metroid: Rogue Dawn is a good play if you want a large NEStroid.
For SM hacks, I'd recommend Phazon and MSZM like Quote said, but also hacks like Super Metroid Airy, Pantheon, and maybe Volta, even if it isn't finished.

A Dummy

From what I heard Metroid Mission Rescue has a huge map that could easily be described as a "Mind numbingly and overwhelmingly enormous sized world" so that could be what you're looking for.

Lost World is also pretty huge, though that one was mentioned already.