News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Minetroid (Minecraft related)

Started by Kasel, February 20, 2013, 05:51:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kasel

I posted this on the actual forums but I figured since it is Metroid related, I'd go ahead and post it here as well.  I couldn't find the old Minecraft thread so just gonna make a new one for this.

So I've been working on this for a few days now and I have a decent little bit of work done.

Basically, this is my rendition of the Metroid maps made into Minecraft.  It should be noted that these will NOT be faithful replicas seeming as I do not have the ability to make mods or texture packs.  I can, however, make the maps using the same layout as the original rooms.

My plan is to do maps based on each of the Metroid games in the franchise, adding in my own little touch to each of them and making them overall fun to play and explore.  As it stands right now, they won't be very combat oriented to start with.  Mostly just exploration.  I plan on making them into legit adventure maps when I get them finished (Meaning that once a map has been completely finished, I will begin adding in mobs and more treasure, maybe a collectable to be used for scoring.

Here are some screenshots of finished rooms.  (They are subject to change at anytime.)

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Any and all constructive criticism is welcome.  I am open to any and all suggestions.

I will state this one more time for those that just skimmed through it.  This is NOT an exact remake of the original game.  I am remaking the game in my own image using the map layout.  Say this is how I would invision Zebes to look like in the Minecraft world.  Smart Move is a REQUIRED mod.  I will be adding "Morph Ball" tunnels almost to the exact location they appear in the game, though some alteration will be done.

Here is a quick progress report:

METROID I:
Brinstar: 50%
Norfair: 0%
Kraid's Lair: 0%
Ridley's Lair: 0%
Tourian: 0%

I will be releasing the map in sections.  Once all of Brinstar has been completed, I will release that section and so on.

Thank you all for taking the time to check out my little project and I hope to have more content available soon.

Quietus

It might also be interesting to take some spot further away, and build 2D maps of the game to match.  They shouldn't be too hard, given that most will have maps readily available.

In case you are still interested, I believe this is the old thread.

Kasel

I was thinking more along the lines of after I finish each section, I can cut half of it away and take screenshots of it to place into actual map format.  Access to the actual surface of the world the map is in is impossible without actually mining your way through to it.  If you recall, the original metroid did not have any open areas.  There will be when I start working on Metroid II but that is a ways off.

passarbye

this is pretty cool, i'd like to play this when you're done with it. :)

Kasel

I'll be sure to post the download link here as well for those that are interested.  You are just going to have to wait until I get Brinstar finished. o.o  I still have to do everything on the right of the golden shaft so it's going to be a minute.