News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Some patches that one should use!

Started by Lunaria, April 20, 2010, 03:33:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lunaria

It has come to my notice that people don't seam to know that there are IPS patches packed with SMILE that one can apply.

Your SMILE folder -> Files -> Public patches.

QuoteSMILE's Public Patches (by Jathys, unless otherwise stated) version 1.0:
*All patches assume you have a headered ROM*
*Locations given are without header figured in*
THESE HAVE ALL BEEN CHANGED AND UPDATED
IT IS RECOMMENDED THAT YOU WAIT UNTIL VERSION 1.5 TO USE THE STABLE CODES

clearmem.IPS
-Sets $7FFA00-$7FFFFF all to FFFF (a default value) due to different emulators using a different value for unwritten to RAM.
-Needed to ensure proper usage of other codes, which use this area of RAM.
-Ran only once, before the "NINTENDO" logo appears on game start up.
-Located at: $004D90

gravity.IPS
-Allows each room to have a unique gravity.  The 1st, 3rd, and 5th BTS value of the room determines the gravity for air, water, and lava (respectively).
-Also allow coders to directly control gravity strength by placing values at $7FFFFA, $7FFFFC, and $7FFFFE.
-If neither of these are set, normal gravity is used.
-Located at: $087820

torizo.IPS
-Wakes torizo upon specific item being in inventory (instead of just bombs) -OR- "Enemies needed to clear this room" is matched.
--inventory is compared to EnemySpeed2 of *first enemy in room* (not necessarily the torizo)
----0000-7FFF checks items... 8000-FFFF checks beams... Basically, high byte determines beam or item.
----item/beam values to be added to this can be found in the PLM editor as "Value"
-Position movable with SMILE's usual click/drag, instead of the default hardcoded values for X/Y.
-HP is doubled if X doesn't line up with tiles in room.
-Located at: $027040 ($40 bytes long)

disappearingblocks.IPS (by Kejardon)
-Creates a PLM that makes a block disappear and reappear based on a timer.
-BTS determines default delay (01 recommended.... do NOT use 00, as this is actually a long delay).
-Tile type (solid or air recommended) determines the default condition of the block.
-PLM Index determines time on.

For example, I have used the torizo one in the past, it's great. :P

Crashtour99

Hmmm...  Out of the 3 versions of SMILE that I have, those only came with 1.32.
And I didn't even know they were there.   :eyeroll:

Hiroshi Mishima

Yeah those definitely aren't in the latest version of SMILE. I guess I'll have to find them somewhere.

Lunaria

I guess I will just upload the patches here for people that can't find them! <_< >_>

Altzan

Hmm, I didn't know about these... now I need to find out how to use em  :wink:
Thanks for sharing.

Silver Skree

Hiroshi Mishima

I thank you for putting these up cause I sure wasn't having any luck finding them.

Altzan

Odd, the Torizo one doesn't work for me.
Editing the first enemy's Speed2 to an item value does nothing, it still only responds to morphball.
He is still spawning in the same hardcoded spot as well.
Anyone else have luck with this?

JAM

This is strange... I have only these 2 files in "smile/files/Public Patches":
K_AMS_00.bin
K_AMS_01.bin

One of them is KejMap, I guess.

I'm using SMILE 2.5. What's wrong?

EDIT:
I've found first 3 patches in SMILE 1.0, but that is it. What version do you have, Crys?  :wink:
First thing I thought is "3.0" =)

Lunaria

When a new smile version comes out I just throw it in into the old folder and make it overwrite the old files. I have no idea why jathys decided to not pack the patches with smile anymore. :/