News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

[SM] Ground Zero

Started by MultiK1llZ, November 02, 2010, 07:24:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MultiK1llZ

Well now I know what my hack is. Thanks!  :grin:

It is most likely a full or overhaul hack. Progression is moving at a steady rate and will hopefully be finished by 2011 ( my guess is Mid-Late 2011)

But until then, I need to work on my ASM and Hex skill. As for level design and mapping, there should be no problems.

MultiK1llZ

I have been working with Hex now  :yay: and have made a list of stuff to do:

[spoiler=Hex Stuff To Do]NOT DONE:  :<_<:

- Disabled walljumping.
- Changed speed at which Samus rolls left/right while in ball form.
- Changed bounce height when landing on the ground in ball form.
- Increased the speed of the beam charging animation.
- Prevented super missiles from opening red missile doors.
- Made elevators move faster.
- Disabled the use of Crystal Flash.
- Made the map Screen skip when loading a game.

DONE:  :heheh:

- Prevented Samus from losing speed by turning left/right during a spinning jump.
- Disabled bomb jumping for power bombs.
- Timer for how quickly charged shots can be fired has been reduced.
- Removed the 'flicker' effect from all beam shots.
- Samus' running speed no longer resets after landing from a jump.
- Samus' running speed no longer resets after landing from a fall, such as from running off of a ledge.
- Enabled the use of speed booster while in morph ball form by holding the run button if Samus has the spring ball equipped.
- Super jumps no longer drain Samus' energy.
- Greatly reduced the waiting time until player has control of Samus again after shinesparking into a solid surface.
- Space jumps can be done quicker and at any time in air, water or lava, even after falling long distances.
- Space jump works underwater/lava/acid without Gravity suit.
- Have Spore Spawn move constantly; doesn't stop even when its core is exposed.
- Speed that Samus' sprite flickers while riding elevators.
- Remove the gray haze from the bomb Torizo's room

There may be more hex changes later on, but this is what I have done up to now.

Crossed Out = No longer Included.

THANKS TO:  Black Falcon, ProjectXVIII, Flamestar666, DSO, Rakki, Kejardon, Sadiztyk Fish, JAM and anyone else I forgot.  :grin:[/spoiler]

Quietus

Quote from: MultiK1llZ on November 25, 2010, 11:56:44 PM- Prevented super missiles from opening red missile doors.
Be warned that if this is the change I think it is, it also means you cannot defeat eye doors with Supers, so you have to use normal Missiles.

MultiK1llZ

Quote from: Quietus on November 26, 2010, 07:01:43 AM
Quote from: MultiK1llZ on November 25, 2010, 11:56:44 PM- Prevented super missiles from opening red missile doors.
Be warned that if this is the change I think it is, it also means you cannot defeat eye doors with Supers, so you have to use normal Missiles.

Alright, I am still a little unsure to include that one and some other changes but, thanks for the tip.

Scyzer

Quote from: MultiK1llZ on November 23, 2010, 04:11:12 PM
Well now I know what my hack is. Thanks!  :grin:

It is most likely a full or overhaul hack. Progression is moving at a steady rate and will hopefully be finished by 2011 ( my guess is Mid-Late 2011)

How long have you been working on this??
I wouldn't expect any overhaul hack to take less than 2-3 years to complete :O

MultiK1llZ

Quote from: Sadiztyk Fish on November 26, 2010, 05:19:13 PM
Quote from: MultiK1llZ on November 23, 2010, 04:11:12 PM
Well now I know what my hack is. Thanks!  :grin:

How long have you been working on this??
I wouldn't expect any overhaul hack to take less than 2-3 years to complete :O

Holy Sh*t O_O 2-3 years? I started this in, I think, July. Then I guess, its gonna be a full hack.

MultiK1llZ

New Graphics  :yay: :

[spoiler= Pics]
NOTE: These may change + there will be more graphic changes to come.
Pic 1: Varia Suit Pic, 2: Morph Ball, Pic 3: Menu, Pic 4: Spazer, Pic 5: a bit of the Crateria map, Pic 6: Charge Beam graphics redone.[/spoiler]

Lunaria

Ice metal took me roughly six years to make. :p

Also, those screenshots all look pretty snazzy as far as I can tell.

Crashtour99

Quote from: MultiK1llZ on November 26, 2010, 07:53:44 PM
Holy Sh*t O_O 2-3 years? I started this in, I think, July. Then I guess, its gonna be a full hack.
I would call 2-3 years a conservative estimate, as it would probably take longer.  Hell, I've been working on mine for almost a year and a half and I'm still tinkering around with ASM without having done much in the way of level design/graphics.  Every time I think I'm almost done working some code in a new idea pops up that I want to try.

zephyrtronium

Quote from: Crashtour99 on November 26, 2010, 10:11:50 PMEvery time I think I'm almost done working some code in a new idea pops up that I want to try.
DNF syndrome led me to discover the utility of design documents.

Scyzer

I've been working on Impulsion for over 4 years. It would be finished by now that I think about it, but I've since "restarted" to redo nearly every room and bring level design up to scratch.

Anyway, in the pics with the purple dirt and grey blocks, I noticed that the darkest color of the dirt BG is wayyy too bright relatively. It should be black, and would look much better like that. It makes the BG bricks look odd being that dark relatively.

DSO

I rather like how it's too bright and the bricks are darker. The contrast adds visual interest and makes it look like there's more depth than if they matched.

Silver Skree

Quote from: DSO on November 27, 2010, 08:01:09 AM
I rather like how it's too bright and the bricks are darker. The contrast adds visual interest and makes it look like there's more depth than if they matched.
This.

Your tile work is pretty good. You sure know how to use what you've got, and the level/map design is pretty snazzy. Keep up the steady pace.

That's harder than it sounds. Trust me.

MultiK1llZ

New Beam Stuff :yay:

[spoiler= ZOMG][/spoiler]

Can you guess what is what?  :heheh:

Cadarot

Did you leave them in order?
So it's Charge, Wave, ice, Spazer, Plasma?

MultiK1llZ

Quote from: Flamestar666 on November 30, 2010, 10:26:22 PM
Did you leave them in order?
So it's Charge, Wave, ice, Spazer, Plasma?

Yup :grin: , So what do you think of them?

JAM

Quote from: Crashtour99 on November 26, 2010, 10:11:50 PM
Every time I think I'm almost done working some code in a new idea pops up that I want to try.
They say, there aren't completed projects. There are only forsaked ones. I have my own half hack at 99% completion rate for the last 2 months. So, that is exactly what's happening with me too.

MetroidMst

Quote from: MultiK1llZ on November 30, 2010, 11:15:01 PM
Yup :grin: , So what do you think of them?
Good enough I hope you release the sprites after the hack is finished.

FullOfFail

Quote from: Sadiztyk Fish on November 27, 2010, 03:01:35 AM
It would be finished by now that I think about it, but I've since "restarted" to redo nearly every room and bring level design up to scratch.

I've been tempted to do that to alot of my rooms aswell. When I first started working on my hack I was a n00b. And now, well.. I'm still a n00b, but I have changed my design tactics alot and stepped it up. But, I figure if I want to actually get my hack done in my lifetime, I'd be best to just polish rooms before I release it rather than nuking them and starting over.