News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Quarantined

Started by GF_Kennon, October 14, 2009, 07:40:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GF_Kennon

So I most likely have Swine flu, and the NHS has decided to take action (because hey, this could be the start of a pandemic) and quarantine me, so I'm locked in my room writhing in pain trying to type some post out without blacking out, so anyway, I though I would do some kind of log of my stay in quarantine to try and take my mind off everything, and also ask the question, what would you do if you was told you were to be quarantined for an indefinite time, and have been locked in your room.

Log 1

13:00 hours

I have got home today and feel so painful, college was a long day and I was feeling horrible, if the NHS ever found out about that now I could be in a lot of shit, as everyone is paranoid about the swine flu here in Britain, and the NHS are taking no chances, I sat down on my bed and I fall unconscious from the pain, glad I did too, as I cant be hurt in my little realm that is the dream world.

19:00 hours

I wake up to a lot of pain, I have a small chat with Zhs2 about how horrible I feel, log is provided below.

Oct 14 19:10:14 <GF_Kennon> i hope i dont have to go to hospitol
Oct 14 19:10:17 <GF_Kennon> err
Oct 14 19:10:23 <GF_Kennon> thats not how you spell it
Oct 14 19:10:31 <Zhs2> hospital
Oct 14 19:10:39 <Zhs2> and what are the symptoms? D:
Oct 14 19:11:02 <GF_Kennon> i bet you could say 5 (serious ones) and i have em
Oct 14 19:11:10 <GF_Kennon> i could give you a list
Oct 14 19:11:15 <Zhs2> list 'em
Oct 14 19:11:52 <GF_Kennon> my back is in so much pain, its like a small burning sensation
Oct 14 19:12:05 <GF_Kennon> i could hardly support my weight on the floor
Oct 14 19:12:21 <GF_Kennon> im finding it a little hard to see
Oct 14 19:12:41 <GF_Kennon> i need to cough but i cant even get one out
Oct 14 19:12:47 <GF_Kennon> my eyes burn
Oct 14 19:13:04 <GF_Kennon> headache it fracking awful
Oct 14 19:13:26 <GF_Kennon> and when it comes to strength an old man would be stronger
Oct 14 19:13:41 <GF_Kennon> its hard enough to move my hands
Oct 14 19:13:51 <GF_Kennon> they are stiff and heavy
Oct 14 19:14:04 <GF_Kennon> not to mention focus
Oct 14 19:14:19 <GF_Kennon> i cant look straight for more than a few moments
Oct 14 19:14:43 <GF_Kennon> the pain in my back is at the bottom
Oct 14 19:15:04 <GF_Kennon> god damn it i need to get comfortable
Oct 14 19:15:11 <GF_Kennon> i cant even lift my body
Oct 14 19:15:18 <GF_Kennon> shift it even
Oct 14 19:15:41 <GF_Kennon> aah that hurt
Oct 14 19:15:48 <GF_Kennon> im shaking too
Oct 14 19:16:04 <GF_Kennon> and it feels like im choking
Oct 14 19:16:08 <GF_Kennon> choking?
Oct 14 19:17:10 <GF_Kennon> also got a prickly feeling going up and down me
Oct 14 19:17:45 <Zhs2> Huh.
Oct 14 19:21:49 <GF_Kennon> i been sleeping since i got back
Oct 14 19:24:21 <Zhs2> You probably need more sleep.
Oct 14 19:24:28 <Zhs2> I mean, in general
Oct 14 19:24:34 <GF_Kennon> possibly
Oct 14 19:24:41 <Zhs2> Your schedule is shit, and that makes everything just that much worse =/
Oct 14 19:24:43 <GF_Kennon> ok definatly
Oct 14 19:25:07 <GF_Kennon> i get 5 hours of sleep a night if im good and i overwork myself with shit
Oct 14 19:25:08 <Zhs2> As for the actual disease, it sounds like a flu.
Oct 14 19:25:17 <GF_Kennon> maybe i need to take a break
Oct 14 19:25:23 <Zhs2> Should be getting at least 6-7
Oct 14 19:25:27 <Zhs2> 8 is the best
Oct 14 19:25:31 <GF_Kennon> yes
Oct 14 19:25:31 <Zhs2> =(
Oct 14 19:25:49 <GF_Kennon> ugh
Oct 14 19:25:58 <GF_Kennon> my body must be having a breakdown
Oct 14 19:26:09 <GF_Kennon> on what scale i dont know
Oct 14 19:26:33 <GF_Kennon> a break from work sounds nice
Oct 14 19:26:53 <GF_Kennon> but it kinda gets boring
Oct 14 19:26:57 <GF_Kennon> thats why i lo
Oct 14 19:27:01 <GF_Kennon> like working hard
Oct 14 19:34:56 --- Disconnected (An established connection was aborted by the software in your host machine).

I fell asleep this time, for a while longer.

21:40 Hours

I'm in pain and the hostel staff are worried about me, they suggest contacting the NHS, I decline for now, I didn't want to get something like the NHS on the line.

00:00 Hours

Finally decide to call the NHS, NHS use there powers to quarantine me, and I get treated tomorrow.

00:41 Hours

I finish this post <_<

Big Gay Cell

Sounds pretty crappy.  Get feeling better!

Mr. L

I hopez you get better! (I don't have this, but, my sister's friend did. Now she can't go to gymnastics for the next two days.) :icon_wink:

Crashtour99

I really hope you get better soon.  Being sick sucks.

On a slightly related side note, the whole "swine flu" thing is being blown way out of proportion.  This version of it is not even as bad as the regular flu virus' that go around (really, check the fatality rates for them).  If it were to mutate into something like the one around the end of WW1 then yes, it would be very dangerous.  But the likelihood of that happening is extremely unlikely since genetically recombinating virus' loose their virulence when exposed to large populations.

I've known several people who had it, and they ALL got better and said it wasn't as bad as being sick with the regular flu.

Bioniclegenius

Yeah. A long while back when I had the regular flu, I was barfing my brains out on a regular basis. Now, with the swine flu, I just have a runny nose, large headache, and a sore throat. When we had just one case in Missouri, who died shortly thereafter from it, it seemed bad, but then I learned that the death rate is exactly the same as the regular flu, so I'm going, 'WHAT'S THE BIG DEAL?!? You don't make a fraction this much fuss about the regular flu!'

Anyways, from your list of symptoms, it doesn't sound anything like the swine flu, although I guess it could be, seeing as I'm not an expert on it. Regardless of what you have, I really hope you feel better and get out of quarantine.

zephyrtronium

Quote from: Bioniclegenius on October 15, 2009, 12:34:07 PMA long while back when I had the regular flu, I was barfing my brains out on a regular basis.
This is not influenza, which is a respiratory virus and therefore has no method of causing vomiting or even nausea.

Quote from: Bioniclegenius on October 15, 2009, 12:34:07 PMAnyways, from your list of symptoms, it doesn't sound anything like the swine flu, although I guess it could be, seeing as I'm not an expert on it.
QuoteSymptoms . . . include fever, sneezing, sore throat, cough, headache, and muscle or joint pains.
Which happens to be exactly what James described. Amazing what 5 minutes on Wikipedia can do, isn't it? :flap:

Quote from: Bioniclegenius on October 15, 2009, 12:34:07 PMI really hope you feel better and get out of quarantine.
qft

Fizzer

Get well soon, James.

I have a friend who's quarantined with swine flu, which is damn unlucky on it's own, but moreso because we were supposed to be going on holiday together tomorrow :(

DSO

Hope you feel better quickly, James. People may say it's no worse than regular flu, but just the regular flu is one of my most hated enemies, especially because of the constant nausea and vomiting I experience.

Quote from: uNsane on October 15, 2009, 03:39:51 PM
Quote from: Bioniclegenius on October 15, 2009, 12:34:07 PMA long while back when I had the regular flu, I was barfing my brains out on a regular basis.
This is not influenza, which is a respiratory virus and therefore has no method of causing vomiting or even nausea.

QuoteInfluenza, commonly called "the flu," is an illness caused by RNA viruses that infect the respiratory tract of many animals, birds, and humans. In most people, the infection results in the person getting fever, cough, headache, and malaise (tired, no energy); some people also may develop a sore throat, nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea.
It's amazing what 5 minutes on Google can do.

Zhs2

Glad I'm finding out about this shit the day after my birthday. Yoinks! (I mean the quarantining part. I obviously knew how bad off James was. :>_>:)

You think maybe some painkillers would have made it easier to post? :sad:

Quote from: IRCOct 14 19:13:26 <GF_Kennon>   and when it comes to strength an old man would be stronger
My grandfather would definitely not agree with that statement, I forgot to tell you. :wink:

GF_Kennon

Heh, thanks for all the comments guys, made me feel a lot better, and I'm getting better too, but I'm still tired as hell and just sleeping, about to fall asleep right now actually. pretty much any log I would write would consist of sleep and some random stuff I cant remember doing <.<;

Still got a headache and cough and a bit of cramp, but my strength is coming back and I'm not exactly feeling like Mr Death was poking me repeatedly in the back of the head lol.

other than that I should be free pretty soon, for now though I'm just gona collapse into my bed and try and enjoy this weekend.

GF_Kennon

Heh, sorry for the bump, but I'm allowed out of here now, finally, going to see my friends and tell them everything, only thing left is that I'm so damn tired, I don't even know why.  :neutral:

Silver Skree

Quote from: GF_Kennon on October 18, 2009, 10:24:58 AM... I'm so damn tired, I don't even know why.  :neutral:
It's just your body being tired from fighting off and expelling the last of the sickness. A good night's sleep (or two) ought to fix you right up.

Zhs2

Quote from: GF_Kennon
Heh, sorry for the bump, but I'm allowed out of here now, finally, going to see my friends and tell them everything, only thing left is that I'm so damn tired, I don't even know why.  :neutral:
You're getting old, James. Your body's not the same as it used to be...! :affraid: