News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Minecraft - Nightmare Mode

Started by squishy_ichigo, October 31, 2010, 04:04:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

squishy_ichigo

With the Halloween update, a new dimension was created, called the Nether.  Since portals weren't working right in SMP yet, Notch wrote some code that allowed us to start a server IN the Nether. Well, some people found out, that if you set the server to do this, on a server that already had chucks, the newly spawned chucks would be like the Nether.

I was inspired by this topic: http://www.minecraftforum.net/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=70651

to do this:

You start in a "Nether" Cavern, in the center of a regular game.  Have fun and enjoy! :awesome:

Instructions:
-Download this
-Extract the contents
-Rename this file to "world#" where # is a save slot your not using in your single player minecraft.
-Place this in your minecraft save folder (C:\Users\[name]\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\saves)
-Start up Minecraft, and start playing!

Hiroshi Mishima

Oh my gods, Squishy, thank you SO much for making a save available for this. Someone had requested it over on the Minecraft Forum earlier but I hadn't seen a response. I can't wait to give this a look see later. I gotta show this to Icy.

Zhs2

If you set a world's options to a new anything that happens to do with blocks, the new chunks will spawn with newer content and the older chunks will always be untouched. A bit obvious if you've been working with Minecraft mechanics for a while now, but eh. ;3

Could probably also use MCDeleter to nuke all of the chunks that are real world, too!