News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

SM Rebuild (is being rebuilt).

Started by personitis, June 19, 2009, 01:24:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

personitis

Obviously being rebuilt, duh! But I decided to use the old release of the hack to practice a few things... and clear it up some. Bottom most attachment is the one you want. The "beta" includes new physics and fixed over looked things.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8eMc0pWt8c#normal
[spoiler=Here's your peek at what's changed.]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SdAQp-OttjQ#[/spoiler]

New CRE tiles. At least I'm getting something done.

Well, finally on spring break so things should go a little faster now. =D

[attachment deleted by admin]

Lunaria

Or you could, you know. Post the shit here so I don't have to go to your [spoiler]stupid[/spoiler] blog.

The forum was designed as a place to have every thing. I don't want to go to 4639738683469340 blogs to get all the info I want.

[Spoiler= Not really related but...]I use my blog to post info that is not really needed to keep up with how the project is going. It's instead used to show of other things, like why I make my hack and so on. People can still read every news and see every screenshot in my topic![/spoiler]

Digital_Mantra

Please edit your first post to include both screenshots and a brief description of your hack. Yes you have a site with a bit of content on it, but here, we like to treat a hack in progress thread as the primary outlet for content, not links. Shouldn't be too hard, right? I mean you only have 4 screenshots.

Zhs2

Wow, we're so nice here. :nowai:

I didn't think you had to delete your whole site because one person yelled at cha, 701. :icon_sad: However, DMantra's point still stands. It'd be nicer if the screenshots were in the topic itself rather than elsewhere because then its much easier to comment!

By the way, my comments on those two older screenies...
- I guess it must be the JPEG compression, but is Samus actually dead? :O_o:
- As for the level design, I can easily see where Redesign inspired it. :P
- The ledge in the second screen looks a little funny.

Keep up the excellent work!

personitis

Quote from: Phoenix Wright on June 19, 2009, 10:24:03 PM
Wow, we're so nice here. :nowai:

I didn't think you had to delete your whole site because one person yelled at cha, 701. :icon_sad: However, DMantra's point still stands. It'd be nicer if the screenshots were in the topic itself rather than elsewhere because then its much easier to comment!

By the way, my comments on those two older screenies...
- I guess it must be the JPEG compression, but is Samus actually dead? :O_o:
- As for the level design, I can easily see where Redesign inspired it. :P
- The ledge in the second screen looks a little funny.

Keep up the excellent work!
:lol: You guys are great to know. The site matter: like I said, I was bored out of my mind. Samus dead, no. Just a full e-tank with 0 extra.

Digital_Mantra

Keep up the good work! I look forward to seeing your use of other tilesets.

Phazar

This looks great so far.  Keep us updated with your work!

personitis

First post = updated with video.

RealRed

Very cool.
Looks to have a lot of potential.

personitis

And the map. This is what the map station shows. I won't give away secrets :icon_razz: Even though there is a secret I forgot to take out :lol:

Ignore all the rooms in the bottom corner.

Map got changed. :icon_razz:

RealRed

Bump your topic if you've got something new, yo.
We don't want you making a bunch of updates no one will see :(

personitis

I did bump it but the map took some reconstruction. But if you all want some news, I've gotten all the hard parts (that being all the Zebes Awake room states) so once I get home (at my bros), I should be able to breeze through a good amount of rooms. :)

personitis

ooooooooooooooooooooold topic + new info = useful bump.

Yea, just read the first post, new stuff.

Zhs2

A rebuild of a rebuild? When will the madness end? o_O

Also, that reminded me to get ZSNES to play while I'm sitting at my grandfather's house being bored. Time to grab some patches... :grin:

RealRed

Super Metroid Redesign Redesign. Who's your god now?
I just played what you attached to the first post. I have to say, it reminds me of redesign a LOT. was it your original inspiration?  :razz:
Very good stuff by the way. I can't wait to see how much you've improved, considering you decided to restart.

personitis

And... time for the new map.

Old Crateria Map station versus the new one.

Old Crateria: 26x13, 25 Rooms
New Crateria: 56x18, 39 Rooms

@Blood: Yes, Redesign inspired it. Looked in that direction when I wanted to do a full hack and ever since it's just been that one project I want to complete (and SMP also =P).

MetroidMst

I like map stations that reveal areas on the far side of the map with no apparent connections. And so far this is looking pretty good, can't wait for the whole thing.

personitis

And some of the first real progress on the restart: physics changes.
Super Metroid Rebuild: Physics Changes

Quietus

I like the Space Jump.  None of that timed jumps crap: I press jump, you jump. :^_^:

begrimed

The infinite space jump is nice (I see you used the EA EA EA @ 82493?), but it does have a small downside. You can't do mockball in open areas by double-tapping the jump button anymore. Either gotta do it after a full jump or in a place with a low ceiling. I got around this by adjusting the other values so the space jump worked faster and after long falls, but still allowed mockball to be done.

The maps you've got going on look sweet; keep at it. Got an ETA for a release in mind yet?

personitis

Double tap mockball? Never heard of it but does sound like something I wouldn't want to happen. As for an ETA (which funny enough, I was thinking about last night), Fall 10 at earliest and maybe Spring 11 at latest? I'm a slow hacker and with school and such, things slow down considerably. Can't promise these dates either but I think I'll use them as motivation.

zephyrtronium

Quote from: person701 on November 27, 2009, 12:38:44 PMDouble tap mockball? Never heard of it
This is when you run, jump while running, let go of jump so that you stop jumping, press and hold jump again, and morph as you hit the ground.

personitis

All who are interested, go check out the first post.

RealRed

lol @ only about 4 tiles being changed. Or am I missing something important?

personitis

If just the screens you're talking about: better detail in the wall/ground and added some grass.
Over all: used old ROM to practice detailing.