News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Room of the Month - April 2020

Started by dewhi100, April 01, 2020, 12:30:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who should win ROTM for April 2020?

Cloud20
3 (12%)
Dewhi100
3 (12%)
Digital_Mantra
11 (44%)
Hackmi
1 (4%)
Moehr
7 (28%)
VacantShadeGames
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

dewhi100

I had this lying around, so why not post?

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Digital_Mantra

Nursing stump.
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Cloud20

Further in this water area, with a warp zone at the center

[spoiler][/spoiler]

VacantShadeGames

The Room Studio of Metroid Planets is nearly finished! :bounce:
Here's a little demo showing some of the things it can do:
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Moehr

Hackmi

more ice. this is who I am now. snow/ice room:
[spoiler][/spoiler]

In game:
[spoiler][/spoiler]

It doesn't snow in caves.

Quietus

Moehr: I can't help but think that those two Chozo went looking for something, couldn't find it, and just, well...

[spoiler]

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

P.S. 'Shrug Room' is cool. I like the tiles used. :^_^:[/spoiler]

Moehr

Heh I assure you what they are looking for is there, if one only hits Ctrl+5

What do they care though? They have forever.

Metroid3D

Not technically Metroid but I figure it's close enough.

In editor:
[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

In-game:
[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Miranda Gemini

Quote from: Digital_Mantra on April 15, 2020, 01:57:09 PM
Nursing stump.
[spoiler][/spoiler]
live look @ me when i saw this damn thats some good st*ff

OneOf99

With a record time update, ROTM switches over to a new set of rooms! Congratulations to to ProjectXVIII (and myself through a tie  :cool:) for a splendid room that had some wild overgrowth. We have a nice mix of rom hack and fangame rooms this month, so lots to choose from!

[spoiler=Cloud20][/spoiler]

[spoiler=Dewhi100][/spoiler]

[spoiler=Digital_Mantra][/spoiler]

[spoiler=Hackmi][spoiler=Room][/spoiler]
[spoiler=In Game][/spoiler][/spoiler]

[spoiler=Moehr][/spoiler]

[spoiler=VacantShadeGames][/spoiler]

"May" the best room win!

Miranda Gemini

Dman for sure. atmosphere is incredible. Docking a point for that ugly vanilla door

Hackmi

metroid3d's is missing?
voted for moehr

dewhi100

[spoiler=Cloud]Solid room, much more interesting than last month's. The variation in the tiles is perfect, and the spike hazard makes traversal more interesting without being a real threat. You might consider changing the palette line for the gates and chozo statues in order to better match the room, but they are also fine as-is. The "Warp Zone" is giving me trouble. The tiling is good and helps it stand out, but the palette is too bright for the rest of the room, which feels more gloomy and dark.[/spoiler]
[spoiler=My Room]Fairly simple room designed to give Boost Ball and test the player on it. I've touched it up a little since the submission, but was too lazy to update ROTM.[/spoiler]
[spoiler= DMan]Another work of art. I voted. My nitpick this month is the white highlights on the tree. I feel the contrast is needed, but something about it reminds me of when I change a tile's palette line to one with too many unused grays in it. Also, the lighting feels inconsistent. Whatever is shining on the trunk should also be highlighting the upper tree too. [/spoiler]
[spoiler=Hackmi]Good layers. Not sure if the icicles are hazards or scenery.[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Moehr]A more GBA-styed tileset. I like it. The glyphs are cool, as are the statues. They look weirdly reptilian to me for some reason. Can't wait for this hack![/spoiler]
[spoiler=VacantShade]Nowhere near as elaborate as your previous entries, but a very solid room. Glad the editor is coming along.[/spoiler]

Metroid3D

Quote from: Hackmi on May 01, 2020, 08:45:28 AM
metroid3d's is missing?
voted for moehr

Wasn't a hack or fangame so it got disqualified.

Also voted for Moehr, though everyone's rooms were well done.

Paragon

All these rooms are gorgeous in their own ways. It's really hard to choose just one.