News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Room of the Month - January 2020

Started by Aran;Jaeger, January 23, 2020, 11:30:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who has the best room of January?

AranJaeger
2 (9.1%)
Cloud20
3 (13.6%)
VacantShade
17 (77.3%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Aran;Jaeger

My entry for January 2020:
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Quietus

Looks like Yakuza has already paid a visit. :^_^:

Cloud20

There are a hundred of them, ready for their duty :)

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Video:

[spoiler]https://youtu.be/OzqGbXYogf8[/spoiler]

VacantShadeGames

Built with the in-game Room Studio of Metroid Planets:

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Hackmi

Wow, just wow vacant shade, that looks absolutely amazing, really like the lava and its so NES its good man

Jiffy

Welcome to the first vote for rooms in January 2020! Our team is now back on track to updating at the earliest time. (Again, thank you Miranda for picking up our slack.)

Last month, Albert_V won 10 votes with this room:

[spoiler=December 2019 Winner][/spoiler]

Now see the 3 rooms for January, and pick your favourite.

[spoiler=AranJaeger][/spoiler]
[spoiler=Cloud20]

https://youtu.be/OzqGbXYogf8
[/spoiler]
[spoiler=VacantShade][/spoiler]

Vote like your life depends on it!

dewhi100

[spoiler=AJ]Very trippy. I have no idea what's going on.[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Cloud]Very creepy. Maybe the inactive Samuses could be shaded darker to pull them away from the foreground? Also, this is just me, but you could get the same feeling with a smaller, less uniform room.[/spoiler]
[spoiler=VacantShade]I voted for you. This is really good given the constraint of NEStroid gfx. I also like the wrecked Ship power conduits. Excellent use of colors and shading too. Just a work of art.[/spoiler]

Hackmi

it's a laaaandsliiiiiiddee victory to vacant shade

VacantShadeGames

I like Cloud's room, it's a really cool concept! I agree though that the colors are a bit blendy around the other Samuses.
Also, I really like the minute detail you put in numbering every holding tank individually!  :nod:

Cloud20

Quote from: dewhi100 on February 01, 2020, 08:54:20 AM
[spoiler=Cloud]Very creepy. Maybe the inactive Samuses could be shaded darker to pull them away from the foreground? Also, this is just me, but you could get the same feeling with a smaller, less uniform room.[/spoiler]

QuoteI like Cloud's room, it's a really cool concept! I agree though that the colors are a bit blendy around the other Samuses.
Also, I really like the minute detail you put in numbering every holding tank individually!  :nod:

Thanks both of you :) However the reason why these Samuses units stand as foreground is because you start the game as one of them.
[spoiler]https://youtu.be/OzqGbXYogf8[/spoiler]

Regarding my vote, it was VacantShade for me as well. This lava is so vibrant you can feel the heat just by looking at it  :whoa: I wondered how I looks in game.

mccad

The other two entries are very unique and interesting in design, but vacant absolutely killed it in terms of actual artistic design here; the palette on those rocks does a fantastic job at making the lava really appear to glow and reflect off of the nearby terrain. Seriously amazing work for such a small color palette

albert v.

For some reason A.J's room reminds me an tall clock box, that looks so cimetric and artistic, so I lean towards this room this time