News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Room of the Month - April 2019

Started by Jiffy, April 01, 2019, 01:09:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who made the best room in April?

dewhi100
6 (37.5%)
Jiffy
4 (25%)
Hackmi
3 (18.8%)
MetroidNerd#9001
1 (6.3%)
Digital_Mantra
2 (12.5%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Jiffy

So last month, the latest version of SMILE was released, which had the capability of displaying the FX layer with a screenshot.
I will be amending the rules to allow for displaying the FX layer, with suitable constraints:
  • Effects - While editing the room itself is not allowed, any effects that are displayed in the screenshot as a result of the editor (not including BTS, scrolls, etc.) are allowed.
This means that if the editor that you are using supports the display of FX layer(s) on a screenshot, it is allowed to be posted to the contest. This function exists on the current version of SMILE RF and MAGE, and as these are the games that people mainly hack, I felt it would be necessary to update the rules to a modern standard.
Happy hacking!

dewhi100

Inspired by the Ruined Nursery in MP. No tree, but a puzzle mechanically similar to the one in that room. Arboretum tileset.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Jiffy

[spoiler=FX Demo][/spoiler]

I made this room to show off how an FX-layered room can look. This feature was added in RF in the screenshot options. I also had a lot of fun making the background connecting rocks!

Moehr

Yeah, this will be a welcome addition!

albert v.

A really nice feature for RF if you ask me, now i think it's time to decide which room i should submit  for this month! :heheh:

Hackmi

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Recently cancelled project - the room leading up to the first Metroid in M2.

The bit where there is underlighting is where the 3D lava went, here's one of the screenshots:
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Tiles are based off of old blurry videos, and I basically doubled Physix's old set and then recoloured etc, the temple tiles are based off of MSR388 stuff I was sent.
Mostly by me but: Creds: Hackmi, Physix, ProjectLeaderGuy (old blurry vids and some of those temple tiles), also thanks to mccad for the help with underlighting stuff.

Considering revisiting this project in a few years.

LOL.

MetroidNerd#9001

Another room from my upcoming hack!
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Digital_Mantra

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Jiffy

Boomerang leads the way with a gorgeous room in March! Everyone loved the serpent in the background, as well as the variation in the rocks and temple bricks.
Now it's time for the first month allowing use of the FX layer. Cast your votes!

[spoiler=Dewhi100][/spoiler]
[spoiler=Jiffy][/spoiler]
[spoiler=Hackmi][/spoiler]
[spoiler=MetroidNerd#9001][/spoiler]
[spoiler=Digital_Mantra]
(Before anyone asks me, yes, the signature is written into the goddamn tileset. I didn't notice it at first, but this, technically, is allowed. :mad:[/spoiler]