News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Summer Fun Contest (ENTRIES CLOSE SEPT. 2)

Started by Vismund Cygnus, July 22, 2014, 08:18:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawntah

A newbie error you say? :heheh:
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Also wtf is this?
[spoiler][/spoiler]

MetroidMst

I will say the second one at least is fixed. (A pointer gone awry) I never even noticed that thing had some slopes above though.

Vismund Cygnus

In Mst's defense, both of those were my work, and I'd definitely still consider myself a newbie.
Although I swear that I'd made that slope solid tiles... Guess  I must have forgotten to save that version.
And so we learn an important lesson: save often!

thedopefish

I just finished streaming my playthrough of all 3 entries.  They were all enjoyable to play, and each had some clever ideas.

I was able to complete them all, and I only found one permastuck (in SLC, which MetroidMst says has fixed in the "fixed fixed" version already) and no other gamebreaking bugs.

Congrats to everyone who contributed.

JAM

Quote from: Quietus on July 30, 2014, 04:23:08 PM
Oh, no you don't, Mst.  I see what you're doing... :O_o:

Take the words from your trailer, and swap the letters for their numerical counterparts, then total them, and you get:
SLC = 34
SUN = 54
PYRAMID = 86
Also, that trailer's post in this thread = 17
and the seconds in the trailer = 28

86 + 17 = 103
54 - 34 = 20
103 X 20 = 2060
2060 - 28 = 2032.

It's a trap! :whoa:
What will happen in year 2032? I'd better afraid the year 2038, when the time overflows. =)

Quote from: Quietus on July 30, 2014, 06:43:46 PM
Quote from: Quote58 on July 30, 2014, 04:42:26 PM
Holy shit that was clever Quietus. Too bad there are 29 seconds in the trailer :P ZOMG FEAR WILL BE HERE 1 YEAR EARLIER #2031HYPE
That's bizarre.  It says 29, but when I watch it, it ends at 0:28 / 0:28. :^_^:
Did you count the second number zero? I mean, 0:00. I'll tell you the secret. When you count from 1 to 10 there are 9 seconds passed, not 10. That's why when I want to wait for 10 seconds, I'm counting from zero. =)

Quietus

That makes no sense.  When a person counts from one to ten, it's a figure of speech, and they're obviously counting from zero.  They wait a second, then say 'one', which means when they reach ten, they've counted ten seconds.

On topic:
I'm in the same boat as Mst (his review is here), though with opposite views.  I enjoyed Magaluf more, yet felt that Conflict did the theme better, though I am only basing this on the beach-like beginning area.  The rest of Conflict was too subterranian to be anything like summery.

Magaluf was a nice, fairly linear hack, with a low difficulty level.  The only thing I found a bit odd was the inclusion of Speed Booster, though I never recall needing it.

Conflict had some nice ideas, and some interesting new features, but I felt all of the rooms were very similar, and always felt like I was stuck underground.  I also didn't finish it.  I was exploring, then suddenly found myself falling in with some 'awesome' boss, and died.

Jordan5

Speed Booster is required for get some supers, although much more was initially planned. :^_^:

X-tradyte

Quote from: Jordan5 on September 09, 2014, 05:07:31 PM
Speed Booster is required for get some supers, although much more was initially planned. :^_^:
I found those. [spoiler]The very next room [spoiler]you need to shine spark through, after preforming short-boost. They really come in handy for ridley[/spoiler][/spoiler]

Jordan5

the lack of doors for the next room was a hint for that :heheh:

Quietus

Probably.  In my defence, I gave both a very quick play, not really to complete, but to be able to provide some feedback for the competition. :neutral: