The Great Metroid Construction Collaboration Hunt - Post your resources here!

Started by Zhs2, July 20, 2009, 07:55:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smiley

I looked at that for 10 seconds before I realized where the timer was. :heheh:

Quietus

Hehe, I can see why, until you facepalm, and realise that you never collected 35 X-ray scopes. :^_^:

Crashtour99

Hey, some people like collecting items over and over again.  Like Drewseph and his speedbooster collection during the speedrun race.

Quietus

It may save time to just take Oxide's route, and give the player a billion missiles to start with. :^_^:

Smiley

Remote bombs! This patch let's you detonate bombs remotely by going into Morph Ball mode and pressing the "RUN" button. Version A also requires Samus to have Spring Ball equipped.
Both the detonation button and the detonation item can be changed in the .asm file. Bomb timers can also be changed.

Version A
Version B

Credit would be much appreciated :^_^:

[spoiler=Video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mbYaV-ewzYA[/spoiler]

E: A sound is now played when the bombs are detonated. By default the sound is #0D from library 3 (typewriter sound from intro), but the patches contain instructions on how to change it.

The Monster of Surrealton

These are custom palettes I've made. Open SMILE, and insert the .tpls into the Beauty Salon.

The Surrealton set, SamusRed, VariaBlue, and GravityBlack.

[spoiler=Surrealton set]

[/spoiler]

This is my default (and personal favorite) set I use for regular SM, Project Base, and any hack that uses the original palettes.

The NES set, SamusNES, VariaNES, and GravityNES.

[spoiler=NES set]

[/spoiler]

This set is based on the NES Metroid palettes, with Gravity Suit using a Justin Bailey Varia palette. I use this in Super Zero Mission, and am liking it.

The Prime set, SamusNormalPrime, VariaPrime, and GravityPrime.

[spoiler=Prime set]

[/spoiler]

This set is based on Prime 1's palettes. Not much to say.

The Other M set, SamusOtherM, and VariaOtherM.

[spoiler=Other M set]

[/spoiler]

This last set is based on Other M's palettes. Gravity is just VariaOtherM because Other M didn't have a Gravity Suit palette, though, you can give it a purple heat shield or make the visor purple if you like.

I'll make more palettes in the future. I'm thinking of cotton candy, animal, and jungle sets...

Crashtour99

So I decided to look into the physics engine for a project of mine, and I discovered that the majority of the variables that determine things like speed, jump height, etc. were all values in a rather large table.  This doc is the entirety of that table and all values contained therein (including some things that aren't on the hex page, and some leftover beta stuff that wasn't used).
And I made it as an xkas friendly .asm file for easy use.
As an added treat, included in this file is a small chunk of ASM that returns functionality of the unused beta horizontal running speeds for running under water/lava/acid.  The new/old-unused physics are a bit odd, and you may need to tweak a few other things to make them really workable, but they at least function properly now.  Just uncomment the routine at the bottom of the file.

Plus, now all your physics hex tweaks are all in one convenient place!   :grin:
Have fun with it folks.

Jordan5

Here's a fix for the palette of enemy CEFF (Stoke) and it's sound. Now you can just place the Stoke in a room and it will no longer be blue or sound weird. Included is the IPS patch and a modified text file. No need to give credit, it's a very easy fix, but I hadn't seen a patch for it on the main site. Happy hacking :^_^:

Mettyk25jigsaw

Door Map tiles!!!

IMPORTANT NOTE---YOU MUST PATCH DC'S LATEST MAP PATCH BEFORE APPLYING THIS PATCH, OR ELSE THE MAP AND OTHER THINGS WILL BE SCREWED UP!!!!!!!

Ok, I have done a patch that does a few things.

1. It adds to the Map editor new map tiles that are for doors, so wherever there is a door in a certain scroll in your rooms you may in the map editor pick the map tile that will show a door on the map. So the map will show where all the doors are.

2. It adds a couple of missing item map tiles combinations, one without any borders and one for a shaft room with no base or top.

3. It adds several more options to use as elevator tiles including usage for Sadistyks Multivator patch. (Hopefully I have remembered all combinations for this--I think so)

4. It adds borders for the main map SAVE tiles, so that the map looks more appealing when adding a Save tile. Although for this one you will need to note down which Save tile is what through your own experimentation as the map editor will NOT show the borders since the map editor loads from the minimap spot on which there are no borders. I didn't think it was worth it since the borders are the same colour as the background.

5. I have changed in the main map only, the palette used. So now untravelled areas are grey and travelled areas are a sort of orange colour.

Enjoy... 

EDIT: I just realised, this patch will not be compatable with Black Falcon's Hud patch as it will overwrite some of hud icons...At least with V2.5, quite likely the others too...

EDIT 2: ADDED VERSION 1.1 OF PATCH-------THIS ONE ADDS A SECOND BUNCH OF DOOR MAP TILES BUT WITH ITEM DOTS AS WELL WHICH VERSION 1 DOES NOT HAVE.

EDIT 3: FIXED BOTH PREVIOUS VERSIONS (1 & 1.1) AS BOTH PATCHES HAD ALIGNMENT PROBLEMS WITH THE DOOR MAP TILES, WITH BOTH THESE NEW PATCHES, YOU WILL NOT HAVE THIS PROBLEM....V1.01 FIX FOR V1  &  V1.11FIX FOR V1.1.....IF YOU HAVE PATCHED EITHER OF THE 2 PREVIOUS VERSIONS, ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS PATCH WITH THE CORRESPONDING NEW VERSION AND EVERY SINGLE DOORMAP TILES YOU HAVE ALREADY PLACED IN YOUR GAME WILL AUTOMATICALLY BE FIXED.

NOTE: ALSO, IF YOU HAVE ALREADY PATCHED PREVIOUS VERSIONS YOU DO NOT NEED TO RE-USE DC MAP PATCH AGAIN----HOWEVER IF YOU HAVEN'T PATCHED ANY OF THE PREVIOUS VERSIONS, WELL THEN YOU DO NEED TO PATCH DC'S MAP PATCH PRIOR TO PATCHING THESE NEW ONES...

NOTE: If you decide to download patch version 1 rather than V1.1 the image below will show the door map tiles with item dots, version 1 only has the door map tiles without the item dots-not with...

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Quietus

It may help if you post a picture or two using your tiles.

Are they similar to DC's tiles?  Or are they something different entirely?

Mettyk25jigsaw

As for the door tiles-they Are completely different...The elevator tiles are a little similar...However, looking at DC's Tiles, I may be wrong but looks like anyone who used that one may have had to redo all their maps if it was patched on a modified rom, as for mine you do not have to do this--(if this is the case).

I will post an image of my door map tiles later today as I haven't the time at the moment, I've got to go to work....

Crashtour99

For those who may be interested, here is a compendium of simple hex tweaks and info for editing the title sequence for Super Metroid.
Includes info on the text that appears (after the nintendo logo) and the ceres background sliding sequences, all fully editable as much as possible without asm.
Should prove useful in seeing some better title sequences instead of the regular one for SM we're all used to.

Use RacoonSam's massive tilemap doc on the main site for editing the tilemaps described in here.

Charmander106

Here is part 2 of the Castlevania: SOTN Abandoned Mines graphics rip. I really wanted to add the background but there was too many tiles, so this is and will be it, but really what's already
there is enough to make rooms with. So if you wanna background you'll have to make it yourself. Here ya go!

Download here

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Quietus

And now for the Crissaegram Beam, Walk Suit, and the Boots of Varda. :yay:

Metaquarius

Here is a custom music I made for SM, I've figured out I could share it here. This is supposed to be the Crashed Frigate Orpheon theme (from Metroid Prime) arranged with Maridia instruments.
[deleted cuz outdated as f***]

Smiley

I made a preview of the above so you can hear it without having to download first. Pretty darn cool btw! :^_^:
[spoiler]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qzoh7Bt3_6E&feature=youtu.be[/spoiler]

Quote58

Just so you know, he already made a video on his channel showing it.

Parabox

P.JBoy

Here's a fully commented, fully disassembled bank $80. This took me a while, so enjoy ^_^ (that said, the comments might still update from time to time)

Metaquarius

softglow

I built some blocks that can be passed through, when you have a specific item on (i.e., enabled in the pause screen).  It's somewhat limited... I wanted to get something done before getting it perfect, so I went with Air Fool XRay + BTS $0E for this and there's no extra code for shots/enemies/PLMs.  Just Samus collisions.

Code posted at https://github.com/softglow/sm-item-pass-blocks and attached here.  ASM for xkas v06 and v14.

Addendum: the item I used in the code is HiJump boots, but you're expected to change that.  If you find any bugs, PM me.

M1CR0H4CK3R

Quote from: P.JBoy on January 02, 2014, 07:26:40 AM
Here's a fully commented, fully disassembled bank $80. This took me a while, so enjoy ^_^ (that said, the comments might still update from time to time)

Great job! I'm routine for you! :lol:

Mon732

So I've had this knocking around since I first started hacking. It's the vanilla wrecked ship tileset rotated 90 degrees.

[spoiler=Image][/spoiler]

Not the best room (one of my first) but it does show what I'm on about.

Quietus

Black Falcon

Skipping Ceres Patch v.2.1

Thanks to JAM for pointing out a major bug that resets the game every time you select your save regardless of the slot
(the game always starts again with the green intro text even after saving).
This is now fixed by implementing a save routine copied from when Samus first lands on the Planet.
The patch can be applied even if you applied the old version already, no worries.

[spoiler=For those who ask what it does:]
Skips white 'Last Metroid...' quirks + Ceres sequence + Fly-To-Zebes Cutscene
Samus will start immediately at the landing site after the green intro text is gone (Savestation 00 in Crateria).[/spoiler]

Have fun.  :^_^: